Chapter 46: Ugly woman

If there was one thing that the two book holders regretted it was when they decided to follow their king to the Mortal World.

Why did they suffer so much for protecting their king's purity if he had already lost it centuries ago?! They wanted back the time they had wasted suffering in the Mortal World.

"Who is your mother? What does she look like?" Asked King Yan with great curiosity. A woman who he dared to bed must be someone with great beauty and incomparable to anyone.

"How should I know?" Said his son as he crossed his arms with a nonchalant face.

"Eh?"

"..."

"Um, son, you shouldn't play around with your dad's feelings like this."

"I'm not."

King Yan's plan to laugh this trick off failed. The seriousness as his son looked at him was just so real that he couldn't not believe him.

"Then her name?"

His son shook his head.
"I only heard others calling her 'Third Big Sister'."

'Okay, that was a small progress but nonetheless a progress.'
"Then do you know how she looks like?"

Another head shake.
"No. Mother left me at your place when I became 1 year old. I don't remember her. Dad, it was centuries ago."

"Did she left you with something?"

"Just a letter and a jade pendant."

As if finally seeing the light in the darkness his face lit up.
"Are they here with you?"

"Of course, I always bring them with me." Thus he took out a simple envelope and an old looking jade pendant.

King Yan's spirit fell when he saw how the things his son took out were so ordinary. His son's mother was not rich for sure.

Taking the envelope he realised that while it was ordinary it was durable, made to last for a long time.

'She probably wanted her son to be able to read her letter whenever he missed her.' He felt a little good will towards his son's unknown mother.

Dear Yan,

The next time I see you I will disfigure your face.

Calling someone ugly on their first meeting and after doing the deed is the worst thing you can do as a honorable man. The child is yours so you should take care of him. His name is Yan Enyi, his birthday is in spring when the Snowflake Flower blooms. Don't forget it! I hope that he won't turn out like you. If you dare to ruin him I swear that your third leg will pay the price!

Although we only met once and already have a son together I still hope for your happiness.

I wish you luck to never meet me again.

Sincerely, Yi'er's mother.

P.S.: If your new wife dares to hurt my son she should expect an incurable curse cast upon her. Please tell her before hand.

King Yan: "..."

Being unprepared against this kind of threatening letter the two book holders stood in fear as their king's gaze slowly darkened. All the good will she had acquired up till now just vanished into thin air.

Burning it wouldn't even regress his anger a little bit and crumpling it also wouldn't help.
'I can still tear it into million of pieces, right?'

From his expression Yan Enyi realized that his father had been angered so he quickly retrieved the letter from him and put it away, and just to be sure he put a protecting spell on the letter and his pendant.