Chapter 48

When me and dad arrived home, I was just terrified. I'm sure mom and my brothers are okay... I'm.... sure.

I stepped outside the car and still held Louis box. Then I grabbed my luggage and started walking inside, when Dad grabbed my wrist. His grip felt like it was crushing my arm.

Dad: Now your gonna go inside, go to your room, and you aren't gonna come out until I say so. Okay?

I bit my tongue and nodded.

He let go of my wrist and I quickly entered the house. I couldn't see mom or the rats so I just dashed to my room.

I will figure this out. I know it.

I sat down on my bed and dropped my luggage. I stared down at the box.

To my baby :)

I smiled and hugged it. I mean I feel like an idiot hugging a box but knowing it was in Louis arms just comforts me.

I sit down on the floor and stare at it for a moment.

Should I open it?

I wait for around 2 minutes before deciding to grab some scissors and remove the tape from the top.

I feel excitement rise inside me as the tape comes off.

I take a deep breath.

And open it.

First thing I see is a white sheet of paper. Words scattered all over it. I pick it up and begin reading.

Hey baby, it's Louis :)

I'm proud of you for waiting to open this until you were home. Good job.
I know that leaving was hard, and all I want right now is to hold you and kiss you, but I can't exactly do that from where I am. So I made you this little box. It has a few things that I think will make you feel better. And I knew that if I let you open this when we were together, you wouldn't let me give you all of these things, so I made you open it at home. But baby I love you so much, and I PROMISE you that I will love you forever.

-Louis

A tear falls onto the paper and I set it aside as I look at the box.

First, I lift up his sweatshirt. My favorite one. I hold it up to my face and just press it there for a while. It still smells like him. I immediately take off my shirt and put it on. It feels like he's right here with me.

Next I grab out his sweatpants. The ones he would wear during our cuddle sessions. I smile through my tears as I hold them up. I laugh a little and change into them as well.

I look into the box again and see this little bottle, with a note attached to it.

Here's my cologne lol I know you like how it smells.

I laugh and grab the bottle. It was around half way full. I take off the cap and push it once. It smells just like him. The scent of the air makes it feel like his arms are wrapped around me right now as I open the rest.

Next I see a small little cardboard box, and another small note

These will make it feel like I'm always holding your hand :))

I tilt my head in confusion as I open the box. There stood his rings. Each one that I liked to play with when he held my hand. More tears fall onto my sweatshirt and I take out the rings. I slide one onto my finger and kiss it. I miss him.

Next I look down and see another small box, and a journal. I recognize the journal from somewhere. I pick it up and open to the first page.

I met this girl on the bus to the airport. She was late and I teased her but it made her angry. I felt bad but she was cute when she got mad. She's listening to music right now, and I looked at what song it was. She was listening to my favorite. I got some butterflies but tried to seem chill about it, you know? I don't want her to know that I think she's cute. Ugh what's wrong with me. I catch feelings way to fast. Anyways I hope I see her again sometime.

I giggle

Y/n: Little did he know...

A tear falls on the paper and I keep looking through the pages. He wrote about each and every we did with each other. I begin to cry a little more. I knew I'd be reading this journal every single night.

Next, I saw this little bracelet with a manual and a note. I read the manual and discovered that it was a long distance bracelet. You double-tap it when you miss them, and their bracelet will vibrate in their wrist and light up. I smiled so happily at it and tapped it twice. 4 seconds later, it lit up and vibrated after he tapped his. I bit my lip and cried even harder. He's here with me. Right now.

Lastly laid this small jewelry box. It had a navy blue, soft velvet texture on the outside and I smiled. One last note was attached to it.

Y/n,
One thing we can't control is our distance. No matter what happens we're gonna be far away from one another. But one thing we can control is our love. And y/n I don't wanna lose you. So I am giving you this gift, to promise you, that no matter what happens, I will always love you. Stay strong for me baby.

                                     -Louis

I tried to catch my breath from all the tears and I slowly opened the box.

A beautiful, shining ring stood perfectly inside.

I started to cry out loud but quickly covered my mouth, so Dad wouldn't here.

A promise ring.

He gave me a promise ring.

My hand was shaking as I gently pulled out the ring, and stared at it. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

I looked in the inner part of the ring and saw a small engraving

Promise I'll love you forever

At this point, tears are streaming down my eyes.

I put the ring on my finger and close my eyes shut tight. I've never cried harder in my life.

I love you Louis. So much.

(AAAAANNDD that's the finale!! Don't worry tho I am making a sequel and am picking it up from there. The sequel is called "promise - louis partridge x reader" and I will post on it just like I did this one! I only stopped it here in case some people wanted it to hurry up. But I hope you enjoyed this story!! I legit cried while making this. Anyways that's all!! TYSM FOR 13K READS!!!!)