Chapter 3

I woke up and my alarm was going insane. It felt ten times louder than normal. I turned it off, and stayed in bed. I barely got ANY sleep last night. And now I'm supposed to go to Spain. Great. I lay in bed and give myself a few more minutes

*25 minutes later*

Mom: Y/N!

Y/n: Wh-what?

I rub my eyes

Mom: You slept in!! Hurry up we have to leave very soon!

I sit up straight at look at the clock. 12:15 am. My house is about 20 minutes from bus stop 7. Leaving me with... 20 minutes to get everything ready!?
I get up and quickly change into black leggings and that ugly neon orange shirt. I pull my hair up into a messy bun and try to put on some makeup. When I finish I look... okay. I grab my school bag and run downstairs for breakfast.

Mom: You look nice

Y/n: No I don't, can you please make me some waffles?

Mom: I already knew you'd ask

She slides a plate of waffles to me and I gobble them down. Then I run back upstairs and brush my teeth. I grab my suit case and my extra bag and then run back downstairs.

Y/n: Dad knows I can't come to his house these next two weekends right?

Mom: Yes yes he knows that now let's go

She grabs her car keys and me and her get in the car.

Mom: Oh no you're gonna be late!!

Y/n: I will if you don't gun it!

Mom pulls out of the driveway and starts driving down the road very fast. I buckle up and open my texts. bsf/n texted me something earlier

bsf: you up yet? I'll see you in Spain!

I turn off my phone and take a deep breath. Here goes nothing

We arrive at the bus stop and it slowly starts moving.

Mom: Oh no!! Go stop it!!!

Y/n: CRAP!!

I run out of the car and wave my hand frantically over my head

Y/n: WAIT!!!

The bus stops and I give mom a thumbs up. She drives away and blows me a kiss.
I sigh. What a way to start the morning. The bus doors open and the driver gives me a dirty look. In fact, my teachers, the kids in my group, and the other students joining form different schools all gave me dirty looks. Except for one boy. He was trying not to laugh. I rolled my eyes and looked around for a place to sit.
No where.
There was only one spot open. Next to the boy. I rolled my eyes and threw my suitcase in the over head compartment. Then I sat next to him.

Boy: You created quite the scene there

He laughs and I scoff. I refuse to make eye contact with him. Although he had this soft British accent. It annoyed me but also was kinda cu- no. I can't compliment his voice. I slightly blush.

Boy: Being tardy is not the best life skill

I finally turn to face him

Y/n: Would you just shut up?

I immediately regret my words. I saw his chocolate brown eyes, they put me in a trance. And his fluffy brown hair. I swallowed and blushed. And then I looked down.

Boy: Sorry...

Y/n: No- it's fine. I'm just in a bad mood. Just please leave me alone...

Out of the corner of my eye I see him smile and he pulls out a journal. I pull out my phone and AirPods. I turn on Spotify and listen to my "night drives" playlist. The music calms me down from all the stress and I feel myself slowly closing my eyes. Closing them all the way. And then falling asleep.

BOYS POV:

I smiled at her. She was cute... but I felt bad for making her angry. I pulled out my journal while she pulled out her phone and turned on some music. I wanted to be secret, but I glanced at the song playing, and it was one of my favorites. I sort of blushed and started writing in my journal.

I met this girl on the bus to the airport. She was late and I teased her but it made her angry. I felt bad but she was cute when she got mad. She's listening to music right now, and I-

I stopped writing and looked down at my shoulder. She was resting her head on it and was asleep. I wanted to keep writing but I was afraid that moving my arm would wake her so I just stopped. She looked too peaceful.

YOUR POV:

I woke up and realized I had fallen asleep on the boys shoulder. I quickly took it off and blushed. Shoot this is akward, I thought to myself.

Y/n: Why didn't you wake me up?

Boy: I didn't think you wanted that? You looked peaceful

I nod and feel kinda embarrassed. I hate this boy. The bus arrives at the plane station and everyone grabs their bags and gets out. Before my group leaves to go inside the boy taps my shoulder.

Boy: Wait what's your name? I don't believe I got it

Y/n: It's y/n... yours?

Boy: Louis Partridge... nice meeting you y/n

He runs off and I roll my eyes. Cute boys can be annoying too.

Louis: Oh and nice shirt!

He yells as he runs. I stare down at my ugly neon and feel my face burn up.

I don't like this kid at all.