iv. Hiraeth

After a few minutes Bambam's grip on the steering wheel relaxed. Not because his fury had died down, in fact it was only getting worse, but nostalgia had a way of twisting reality and making you feel out of place.  

He was traveling through a familiar yet unfamiliar route. He hadn't been down these roads in a long time, but he couldn't care much. It wasn't like he had warm memories of the place, perhaps some of his worst. But he had his reason to come back now.

He knew all too well where Lisa got that ring from, or rather whom. It would be absurd to suggest Jungkook was incapable of keeping a ring in his possession safety. Especially one of little value to the eye of an outsider. So Bambam had crossed off any situation where Jungkook wasn't the one who gave her the ring. But he did question why and how, out of the thousands of people in Akron, Jungkook found Lisa.

Bambam had tirelessly went through the effort of keeping Lisa away from the prying eyes of the twisted people he knew. As he kept getting in messier and messier situations he further protected Lisa. Apart from a single enemy, nobody dangerous knew who his Lisa was, or at least not in any way connected to him. And while that might provide relief to most, Bambam knew the one person who did know, was still an enemy. But it was indeed a special enemy, not like the rest. What would first seem childish, that until you knew the truth

Grand gates caged an eerily large establishment that one could mistake for that of a headquarter. But perhaps it was somewhat of a headquarter. What it truly was, is a home. A place that quickly told you to stay away. That you do not belong. That you are not meant to be here. But Bambam was, so he slammed the door of his car to see sharp eyes narrowed onto his every movement. The ghost of a smirk appeared on Bambam's face, he was glad knowing his presence still moved them. 

"And to what do I owe this honor?" Namjoon snaps. Always speaking in a way that would sound polished but still backhanded to those he didn't particularly like. "I have a simple request," Bambam states matching the tone. 

"And why would I do such a thing?" Namjoon curtly refuted. Perhaps it was a fair question when posed to one's adversary, but Namjoon had adopted it as law early on. Everything comes with a price. Those who referred to it as a cliché simply didn't know better.

"This is what I want in return for not telling your precious the truth"

Namjoon's expression changes ever so slightly. He knows this is important. The two hate each other beyond imagination but they have one thing in place. Bambam keeps the secret and they return the favor in some way. And of the many years passed, Bambam hadn't asked for anything yet. That until now you could say.

"What is it?" Namjoon asks with a slightly calmer tone, but cold nonetheless. "Don't even lay a finger on Lalisa" Bambam states with authority. Authority he's never had before. Namjoon's face showed confusion but it was instantly erased as he started to laugh. "Your princess!" He says through his laughter with a slight mockery Bambam didn't miss. Bambam glared at him, but Namjoon chose to continue. "I forgot about her, she must be starting college this year" Namjoon said looking back at Bambam for a response that he wasn't going to give him.

With one final look Bambam gave his last words, "If one of you ever touches her, or even says a word to her in the wrong tone, consider our deal off with no warning" Bambam uttered

And there he was, the great Namjoon was intimidated. To him nothing was to be feared, nothing nor for anything, the man didn't even value his life enough to be intimidated. But this time Bambam had something, something Namjoon would do anything to hide.

Bambam however knew that this sudden power and victory would come with a great cost. He had to watch his words very closely from now on. One wrong move on his part and she would become a target. But he couldn't help but wonder why Namjoon was seemingly clueless to the fact that Lisa had finally come to Akron. As if he didn't know what Jungkook had done.