x. Shush

The class had finally ended, and it seemed that everyone had forgotten about the mysterious boy the teacher did not dare to look at once more. Well almost everyone. 

Lisa stood up with her bag as Yeri and Rosé packed the last of their things and walked towards the exit. Lisa followed from behind only to stop halfway through the door. The two other girls quickly disappeared into the sea of other students walking towards the cafeteria for lunch when Lisa began to walk the other direction.

Lisa and Jungkook had decided to meet each other during lunch break. Talking freely amongst the rest of their classmates was not much of an option. Their quick whispers and lack of eye contact was infuriating almost. 

Soon Lisa had found the door she was looking for. Looking around one last time, Lisa made sure nobody else was around before she slipped into the closet and locked the door with one quick movement. Jungkook was already here, leaning against one of the walls. As soon as Lisa entered the dimly lit closet his eyes moved to her.

"What are you looking at?" she whispered suddenly feeling flustered.

"I was wondering if you'd wear the ring here" He answered

Lisa then pulled out the necklace she was wearing from underneath her shirt to reveal the ring that was strung on a gold chain like a locket.

Lisa sees him smile.

"You always find new ways to surprise me" Jungkook said but she could tell he wanted to say something more but was unsure of it. "I was wondering how you were connected to Bambam" He asked and Lisa could hear the disgust in his tone despite him trying to conceal his hatred.

"He's my—um I suppose he's the brother I never had, but not anymore" Lisa rambles feeling truly sad for the first time since I had found out, and not the burning anger that usually took over me. "He never told me what he does, that he was a gang member" Lisa continued but she quickly snapped out of her sudden sadness. She did not want to waste another tear on him.

"Let us never speak of him again" Lisa suddenly exclaimed but Jungkook just gave her another arrogant smile. "I would love to doll, but that's just not how life works". Lisa looks up to him wanting him to continue but he doesn't.

"What exactly is your business with him, or should I say them?" she asks quickly regretting it as his expression changes.

"They're menaces." Jungkook said sternly.

"Why?"

"They take our shipments, our deals, they mess with our clients and steal our leads—" Jungkook began ranting before stopping himself.

"So you're competitors?"

"No it's more than that, they're more than the rest of our competitors.", he sees Lisa's brows scrunch and decides to continue. Sure it wasn't her business but he felt like he could tell her. Like she was a safe of information he could trust.

"I don't know. It could be the fact that our gangs are the biggest in Akron, or that we compete for every offer we do" But I know it's not just the business, it's something particular" Jungkook answered as his hand clenched into a fist. "They've never told me what it is, It's from before I joined". Lisa listened carefully, trying her best to put together the puzzle pieces.

"I guess I don't know a lot of things. I'm not supposed to be talking to you either but I don't know why" He said chuckling but it was obviously fake. "I'm not supposed to be talking to you either" she commented with a bitter smile.

"Yet here we are" 

"Why?" Lisa whispers out loud.

"Why?" Jungkook repeats.