Chapter two - 第2章

ダーク そして コールド

Dark and cold

The heavy sounds of the footsteeps filled the whole place. The girl wasn't sure where they were or were they still at that floor. She barelly saw anything, the figure of the man in the front of her was blured by the dark. She wanted to ask that where they were going or how long the way still be, but she had no brave to do. She had the feeling that she was maybe about to do a deal with a devil, but it didn't matter until she can take her revenge.

The male suddenly stopped and since she didn't really saw much, she bumped into his back.

"A-Ah, I'm really sorry, sir." she jumped a bit back, but the male ignored her apologize, she can't really saw where he was looking, but it was sure that he was focused.

"I think we shouldn't go in this way." he hummed, then turned back and walked forward. The girl sighed. Are they lost? "Don't worry, I know the way, it's just...There is someone I don't want to face."

Are they strong? she hummed in her mind. Her mind just started to work at that momment, that maybe she made a huge mistake. She know nothing about that man, not even his name, and yet she was following him like a loyal puppy. Who knews who he was, maybe he will sold her or force to things that she don't want. A small shiver run through her body, she hushed away the awful thoughts. If she wasn't so scared as hell, she would ask a lot of questions, but at the state she was, it was impossible. She felt that something inside her is missing, it was like she lost a part of her herself. The terrible fresh memories were still in the front of her eyes, the screams in her ears, it was the first time when she killed someone - even though that actually she wasn't the one who killed them. But they were a part of her, and she couldn't deny it.

After a while, he suddenly stopped again, but this time she was paying attention enough to stop before bumping to his back again. The time before it was like she hit her head to a stonewall, and she didn't want to experience it again. Not to mention that he will may think that she is clumsly. The male opened a door, that she didn't even notice that it was and stepped into a bright room. She looked around before she stepp in too. The suddenly brightness made her blind for a second.

"Who is this lady?" asked a voice, she jumped up, rubbing her eyes to get her sight back. A pretty blonde haired woman was sitting in the other side of the room. No, her voice sounded too masculine.

"I just found her." said the male, like it was the most natural thing. "She got some interessting power."

"Hmm. Is that so?" smiled the male, yes she was sure that 'she' was a he. "Why you don't take a seat?"

She hesitated a bit, but sat down after all, it wouldn't be rude not too.

"Coffe?"

"No, thank you."

"So, What is that interessting power?"

"It's actually not really my power. But they were born with me..."

"They?"

"The fire orbs." she said, but then she recognized that they wasn't around her. She looked around the room, but she didn't see them. Just come for thinking, they should make at least a bit light, did her left them on the place where the test take place? No it was impossible, they always followed her, so why shouldn't now they suddenly decide to not? Maybe she gave them too much free will. "Well...I think they are gone..."

"Did you lose them?" asked the male with awe. She shook her head, at least she wished that she didn't. Who knows what would happen if they are out of control. "When did you saw them last time?"

"Well, at the test...But I think that they wasn't with me when we left."

"Miss... ?"

"Toujou."

"Miss Toujou, you said that they were born with you, doesn't it mean that they are a part of your body?" he took a sipp from his coffee, but never broke the eyecontact.

"A part of my body...?"

"I'm thinking about, that doesn't it be possible, that they were just scared and hide in your body?" he smiled devilishly, she can't say anything for a while, just blinking. It wasn't possible, but from who they would be scared? It never happened before. "I see at you that it's a bit troublesome for you. Let me tell you my theory. You were never opposite any strong enough people who could take the fight with them. Where you live and before you never met any strong ranker, so this was the first time when it's happened."

"Actually no." she straightened herself. "I already met once a high ranker some years before. But they weren't afraid of him."

"Or they couldn't be."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I'm sure that you were enough angry to gave them enough courage to face him." he took down the empty cup from his hand. "You know, when someone is angry, then they often forget about their own fears. It's not rare that in a state of anger we also forget our fear from death."

"Well, that's true..." she looked down to her lap and started to play with her fingers nervously. Memmories comes back, and she couldn't help herself, just feel the every second warmer temperature of the room.

"Took a deep breath miss Toujou, or you will burn us alive." he said half-jokingly. "You need to let them know that they aren't in danger. It's also can be really helpfull in a fight."

The girl nodded and closed her eyes, trying to calm herself down and in the same time giving enough courage to them to show up, at least if this man's theory was rigth and they are really hiding inside her body.

"Nice job, miss Toujou." cheered the blonde haired man, she opened her eyes, for her surprise the orbs were really around her like always. "So you say that these orbs are creatures."

"Yes. They are strong and it's still really hard for me to control them. However I can't even know their true nature until I started to climb the tower." she flicked one of them. "I still don't really know what they really are or why they were born with me. My mother always said that I was cursed." she laughed a bit. "But I'm not really sure."

"Hm, I never heard something about like that neither. It's really interessting."

There was a bit silence in the room. No one knows what to say, or at least Toujou didn't. She wasn't sure if the two man had something to say. The dark haired one was silent all the time, and it looked like that the blonde in the front of her was thinking about something. She took a deep breath and collected all her brave.

"Um, excuese me, but I still didn't know your names." She looked first at the dark haired male then at the blonde haired one with a nervous smile on her face.

"Oh! I'm so rude." laughed the blonde haired one." My name is Yu Hansung, and that man is Jinsung Ha." Ha? No wonder why his back was so hard.

"My full name is Toujou Hanabi, but I don't like if people call me Hanabi, so please keep me calling on my last name."

"I'm glad to meet you, miss Toujou. I hope that we will come out well and can work together without any problem." he smiled again, with a bright one but for some reason it seemed fake.

"Work?" she blinked.

"What? You didn't even told her?" This time he looked at the dark haired man. "Well that's don't really matter." he took a deep breath and smirked.

"Welcome at FUG, miss Toujou."

ありがとうございました for reading it <3