Chapter 16

The day of the Cuban drop had finally arrived, every soul involved shook with a heavy fear while Camila held the majority of the anxiety alone in her fragile body.. she hadn't spoke much on the journey, didn't even laugh.. only clutched onto Lauren's side like a leach with a pouting lip thinking the worst of what was going to be the worlds biggest negotiation.. what Lauren hadn't told the younger however was the fact that the black masks were unlikely to agree to her terms.. they wanted her Mafia.. not her.. but she had to stay strong for the younger who looked to be on the brink of tears as they set up in a designated spot given mercifully by the devils ready to end her life..

Sam set up with Fallon while the thousands of men hired for Lauren's arm rested in aid of the pending altercations, the elder however played no such part, she was more than in her own head knowing this was only the start of her end.. the beautiful girl by her side soon to be left without her.. trailing her fingertips along her desk that she'd no longer be sat at.. sleeping in her bed her scent would soon fade from.. it hurt.. but she had to keep convincing the younger she'd be ok..

"It's not too late to leave Lauren.. please!"

Camila begged turning to face the elder with reaching hands that sat painfully over her shoulders, Lauren didn't respond at first only pulled her into her chest with firm hands wrapping over her back, the pause only to stop the lump in her throat from exploding as she took a deep breath of her Queens scent, hoping it would remain forever until the moment her life would end..

"I can't leave baby girl.. I have to do this you know that! Please don't make this harder.."

"I need you! Your my Queen? And I'm yours you said that!"

She began, tears again filling her eyes as she pulled back with a painful whimper, Lauren's expression dropping as she swallowed back on the girls words, they burnt like lava.. tore her heart into a thousand tiny pieces...

"You are! You'll always be my Mafia Queen ok? My beautiful.. strong.. funny Queen!"

"Don't talk like that! Don't fucking talk like you're not gonna come back! You can't leave me! We can find another way I swear!"

Lauren couldn't take the girls pain.. it was killing her.. she just wanted to pull the trigger now to stop having to look at the heartbreaking expression plastered over the girls face, Lauren lift her palm pulling back a few strands of the girls hair before smiling reluctantly, her arm waving out for Sam who came quickly by her side

"Sam can you please just.. I can't! This shit is too hard!"

Lauren almost broke down before Sam followed the cue grabbing the girl backwards to guide her away, her crying whimpers heartbreaking to listen to as she forced herself in the opposite direction to help with the planning, their operation now only a few hours away... it was a civilised arrangement that both her and the ring leader of the black masks had set up, they would leave her team be until their allotted meet time in which Lauren would put forward her pointless proposal before.. well.. god only knows

"Keep it cool Lauren.. we can still flip this ok?"

Fallon reassured not helping even in the slightest as Lauren quickly wiped the tears from under her eyes, she hadn't had enough time to think about her death as her only concern was the crying brunette now out of sight with her assistant in the corner

"I'm gonna need a fucking miracle at this point Fallon.. I've already seen their guys and they don't want to negotiate.. you know I kind of wish I never met her.. because hurting her is the by far the most evil thing I've ever done.."

"Hey! Stop that! This isn't your fault Lauren and you know it! She's gonna be ok! And hopefully so are you!"

Fallon spoke not even believing her own words as she swallowed back her own throat lump, she'd grown to care for Jauregui passionately, admire her in ways only written in poetry.. she was everything to her.. and now she was about to lose her..