Annabeth would rather not die then say her middle name

MARIAH WAS DYING. And there was almost nothing she could do to stop it. Although, she never imagined her death would be being crushed under an extremely heavy thing. 

As much as she hated to admit it, being a Hunter did have it's perks. For example, you train so much that over time, you become extremely strong and have a very high tolerance for pain. Mariah never knew that she'd need those two things more then anything as she was slowly being crushed by whatever she was holding up with a feisty blonde girl. But hey, life is full of surprises!

She had no idea how long they'd been holding this thing up, but it felt like hours. 

At first it hadn't been so bad. She'd chatted to Annabeth a bit more. Well . . . Mariah had talked, Annabeth had ignored her as she was too busy concentrating on not dying. How boring! So it had basically just been her talking to herself. Eventually she had gotten bored of the small talk, so she had started talking about a plan to get kicked out of the Hunters. 

She asked Annabeth questions too. She didn't answer, which was fine with Mariah. For Mariah just answered for her. Well . . . she guessed what Annabeth's replies would be. It was fun. For she was learning a bit more about herself, hopefully about Annabeth and entertaining herself all at the same time. Being productive was fun!

This lasted for hours. And eventually, Mariah started getting a bit bored. She took a glance over at Annabeth and noticed she was shaking, extremely close to giving up. 

"Your not a very talkative person, are you, Annabeth Chase?" Annabeth didn't even look at her. For there was no need. Mariah already knew she was glaring at her. Even if she wasn't looking at her.

"Why do you say my full name like that?" 

Mariah was shocked. This was the first thing she'd heard Annabeth say something in hours! She must really be warming up to her.

"It's fun. And it makes people sound a lot more important. Think about it, there's a lot less impact by just saying Annabeth. It's a lot fancier to say Annabeth Chase. And besides, I'm not even saying your full name. Since I don't know your middle name. That reminds me, what is your middle name?"

Under all the beads of sweat that was rolling down her forehead, Annabeth still managed to roll her eyes. She didn't answer and went back to focusing on not dying. 

This disappointed Mariah a little. "What? Is it that embarrassing?"

This time Annabeth decided to speak. "You talk a lot."

It probably wasn't meant as a compliment, but Mariah sure thought it was one. She shook her head back a little, letting her hair fall behind her shoulders while a grin spread across her face. "Thankyou, Annabeth Chase. You're too kind."

Annabeth rolled her eyes so far back they might of rolled out of her head. 

That was where their conversation died.

-------

MARIAH HAD BEEN trying to figure out Annabeth's middle name for while now. 

"Lester?"

"Nope."

"Lesley?"

"No."

"Alfred?"

"Not even close."

"Aluminium?"

"Are you serious?"