Mariah makes Artemis' ears bleed

MARIAH WOULD RATHER drop dead right there and then. That beautiful sound of death sounded a lot more appealing to her now that she was stuck with Artemis. The goddess was holding what she and Annabeth Chase had been holding beforehand. Which, as she looked at it more closely, appeared to be the sky.

Artemis looked like she was struggling. But did Mariah care? Not in the slightest!

She was currently lying on the floor, listening to the Goddess lecture her about why it was her duty to help her hold up the sky. Mariah was only just paying attention. She was more focused on the song she was composing in her mind.

"You pledged you're loyalty to me all those years ago, which means-"

"Do you want to hear a song?" Mariah asked, cutting the goddess off mid sentence.

"Excuse me?"

She shrugged. "You know, to pass the time. Besides, you might of forgotten that my father is you're twin. And Apollo is very skilled in music and all that jazz. So, being his daughter, I'm a lot better at music then you might think."

Artemis looked like she wanted to strangle Mariah. "What does any of that have to do with you helping me hold up the sky and being a loyal Hunter?!" She exclaimed, frustrated.

Mariah just shrugged. "I don't know. But while you suffer under the sky, I'll entertain you." She then stood up. Mariah didn't even give the goddess a chance to protest any further. "Don't look so worried. I'm very good at singing." That was a lie. Mariah was a horrible singer. She was talented at shooting arrows, but not at music. Still, she always tried her best at music. And even though she was basically tone deaf, it was still very fun for her. "I call this song that I made up two minutes ago, Daughter of Apollo."

"Oh no." Murmured Artemis, wishing she didn't have to be tortured like this.

"Seems my good intentions

Always crash and bun

Everything I try to do will fail

Never once will I prevail

Going wrong at every turn"

"You are the worst singer I have ever had the misfortune of meeting." Commented Artemis.

"I am the best singer you've ever had the pleasure of meeting." Mariah sang back, making Artemis even more annoyed.

"Maybe my dad was a screw up too
His best-laid plans always
Falling through
Maybe he did the best that he could do...Maybe my dad wasn't always there
Maybe he never knew
How to care

But hey, that's life, and life ain't fair

And I know right now things are less than fine because I'm stuck with Artemis

But I don't think my dad may have thrown me a line

And better late than never
To finally get a sign"

"What are you talking about? Apollo sent you no sign. And if he did, it would be too help me!" Yelled Artemis over the top of her.

Mariah ignored her and kept singing.

"I'm the daughter of Apollo
And I am gonna win
The daughter of Apollo
And I'm done running from his evil twin Artemis!"

Mariah then stopped singing, a grin plasted across her face. "What do you think?"

Artemis had a look of horror across her face. "I think you're horrible at singing."

Mariah then did a small curtsey. "Why thankyou."

"Now," started Artemis, praying she wouldn't start singing again. "Back to what we we discussing before-"

Mariah cut her off. "Oh no, there's more."

"You'll make my ear's bleed." 

Mariah smiled, satisfied with that answer. "Good." She then started to sing again.

"Well, if you want me too help you, you'll have to get through me
I'll take you down, I work
Well alone"

"Make it stop." Pleaded Artemis under the weight of the sky.

Mariah ignored her, and continued.

"So this could be the end

But I am sad

Because you're here with me

Making me more and more annoyed

But now I'll make this right

For me and for my dad

I'm the daughter of Apollo

And I know you're to blame

The daughter of Apollo

You may be a god, but you're going down all the same"

Mariah then took a small glance towards Artemis, who looked as if she'd rather not be an immortal being so that she could die from hearing Mariah's singing. 

"Never, ever sing again!"

Mariah did a small bow. "You know you love me." She then sat down, deciding to watch Artemis struggle. Her plan was, that if she did absolutely nothing to help Artemis, then maybe she would be banished from the Hunters. Or at least, that' what Mariah hopped would happen.

"Now that you're done singing that horrible song, come and help me!"

"No thank you."

Artemis looked as if she were able to light Mariah on fire, she would. But she was trapped under the sky at the moment, so that wasn't really an option.

Mariah now was prepared to listen to yet another one of Artemis' lectures, but at least now she would be more prepared. For she was already starting coming up with another song.

"I do not get mad very often. But, you pledged to help me about one hundred years ago. And you did just that for about twenty of them. But for the other eighty, you've proven nothing but failer to me. I have not done anything too you Miss Mariah. I have given you food, comfit, clothes. I built you up from how weak you were too where you are now. I taught you how to fight. I taught you how to negotiate. I was the one who introduced you too this whole world of Gods and Goddesses. You would be absolutely nowhere without me. In fact, you probably would have starved too death way back in the 1910's. But you didn't. You're here now, alive, and with me. So I expect you too follow the rules of the Hunters and help out you're fellow goddess in need. You have so much potential Mariah. It's a shame though, how you're father is Apollo. You do indeed have his personality, yet your musical side lacks . . . deeply. But, you got his gift of being fantastic with a bow and arrow. With all that in mind, I expect you too get up off the floor and help me hold this up."

She looked up at the goddess, a small smile etched across her face at hearing the goddess's words. Then Mariah said something extremely stupid. Well . . . Artemis thought it was stupid. Mariah actually thought it was a very smart choice of words.

"Do you want to hear another song?"

----