{1⁶} {KILLER IN THE MIRROR}

∆ {1⁶} {KILLER IN THE MIRROR} ∆

Triskelion, 2010

THEY'D FINALLY BROUGHT her in. They'd finally caught Blood Moon, and Clint could relax at last, and move onto another mission. It'd been almost unnervingly easy in the end, after the woman had split from the KGB, it'd only taken them about half a year to bring her in. She hadn't resisted, either. If anything, as soon as she'd seen them, she'd given up and might as well have asked them to take her in. 

Clint had taken her weapons, and was examining them. He probably shouldn't have been, but her unusual choice had caught his interest. Her main weapons were the two, gleaming, wickedly sharp swords that were about half the length of the ones he'd seen before, and of course, those were accompanied by a plethora of small daggers and guns, each with the serial number carefully filed off. It took him a a second to notice why one of the guns seemed familiar, and it was because it was the exact same make, and model as Natasha's main gun. Pure coincidence, he reassured himself. Why would it mean anything? The woman had also had a set of gloves on, covering the flesh of her hands, which had been taken as well, on the basis that you could hide weapons pretty much anywhere these days. Surprisingly, that was the thing she'd objected to most, saying it would be better for them if she kept them on.

They'd put her in an interrogation room for the moment, handcuffing her to the table. She hadn't objected to that either. Clint stood behind the one way mirror, watching the woman curiously. She was completely calm, though she emanated an odd demeanour. It was almost as if you could feel the blankness radiating from her, though she had yet to look at the mirror. She either looked at the table in front of her, the camera in the corner of the room, or the walls, as if she was examining them.

{~}

VENUS KNEW EXACTLY what she was doing. She'd set up a trail of barely hidden clues for SHIELD to follow, and when they finally found her, she went in without complaint. Without knowing it, they were protecting her from the KGB, from the Red Room, and from anyone else who might want to hurt her. She'd warned them not to take of her gloves, but they hadn't listened. It didn't matter much to her, it was their downfall. Natasha's partner, the one she'd called 'Clint', was watching her from behind the mirror. She'd seen him walk into the room as she was being escorted into the main interrogation room. 

It hadn't taken her long to scan the inside of the room, probably two minutes at most, taking in the bleak walls and slightly discoloured ceiling, including the small security camera with a red light flashing. She was ignoring the mirror. You tend to avoid stuff when it brings back bad memories. Clint walked into the room a moment later, with his game face on, though he was still wearing his short-sleeved combat suit. Her hair was still blonde, but it was much longer now, and was braided neatly down her back, with streaks of dark brown growing back in at her roots. She hadn't been wearing contact lenses either, with the thought that they'd annoy her eyes to hell and she wouldn't be able to remove them properly. So, her golden eyes met Clint's blue ones as he walked in and sat down in front of her.

"Well, Blood Moon, it's nice to finally meet you." He'd decided to try and be nice to her to start wit, and get a little more serious if she didn't give him the right answers. She didn't say anything.

"You've been a lot of places. Vienna, Tokyo, Budapest. Not to mention Amsterdam, Rio, New Jersey, London, Sydney, and probably a lot more," Clint continued, trying to see if she'd show any shock that he knew about those missions. No reaction, no words. She simply gazed at him with those odd eyes. Still calm, still blank.

"Okay then," he began, deciding to ask her real questions now, "we know you work for the KGB. What's the name of the person above you?" Once again, no reaction, no words. She simply stared at him with that strange look, almost as if she hadn't understood the question. He knew she had though, she'd spoken perfectly fluid English at the party in Vienna.

"Where we you trained?" He tried again, but this question, if anything, elicited an even deeper silence. She shifted in her seat before continuing her stillness. Clint had dealt with this sort of person before, but for some reason, her silence and the way she was looking at him made him strangely uncomfortable, so much so that he would rather sink into his seat than spend much more time in this room. Sadly, the situation continued for about an hour longer before Fury finally decided that he'd been in there long enough for the day.

"That's enough, Barton." Clint almost let out a sigh of relief, just managing to keep it in as he left the room. A pair of guards walked in to unlock her handcuffs as he turned to Fury.

"What do you think will work?" His voice was low, aware that she might be able to hear if they spoke too loud.

"They all act tough to start with. Give her a week or so, she'll probably start talking. If not, Romanoff's getting back from her mission in about a month. She'll get her to talk." Clint gave him a nod, and the two of them began to walk back into the room behind the one-way mirror, just as one of the guards let out a yell, and he and the other guard crumpled to the ground. Almost immediately, both Fury and Clint walked into the room, guns up and pointing at the woman, who still sat quietly in her seat.

Venus sat on the metal chair, waiting for Clint Barton and Nick Fury to bundle her off to one of their holding cells, her eyes on the two dead men. She'd warned them; they'd just decided not to listen.

{A/N:} Idk I had the idea for this so I wrote it early and I'm publishing it today because I'm nice. Normal update day will still be Mondays, and Point Blank will normally be Fridays. 

I also feel like this song and its lyrics suit Venus really well, so if you want to listen to it, you can, it's at the top of the chapter. Please let me know what you think; vote, comment etc. Thanks for reading and your support,

1200 Words

Written: 07 / 01 / 2021

Published: 08 / 01 / 2021