{1³} {HUMAN}

∆ {1³} {HUMAN} ∆

∆ {1³} {HUMAN}

Quinjet back to SHIELD, May 7th 2009

THEY'D BEEN SITTING in silence for most of the flight. Clint was still recovering slightly from the shock of the sudden fall. Neither of them had been expecting 'Victoria' to pull a move like that. Clint knew Victoria wasn't her real name, but for ease (as they didn't know her real name), they had taken to calling her it. Natasha, on the other hand was deep in thought about the woman. Her voice, the way she spoke, the look on her face; they were all so familiar, but Natasha couldn't place it. But the blank expression and the professional manner that Victoria had used reminded her of the way she'd grown up, and she'd rather not think about that. So, Natasha decided that she'd help Clint get this case over wit has quickly as she could.

Budapest, December 20th 2009

VENUS WAS OUT on yet another mission. Lately, she'd been sent out more often, going on around 3 missions a week, some in completely different parts of the world, and quite often, she'd leave for her next mission as soon as she'd returned from her last. Whenever she wasn't on missions, she was training or figuring out how to stay hidden from SHIELD. It was taking a noticeable toll on her and her ability to fight. The two agents who she'd met in Tokyo earlier in the year had been sent after her again, and she'd seen them on missions a few more times, but had been able to get away each time. She'd finally gotten around to re-dying her hair too, and it was now a dirty blonde, and today she'd put in brown contacts.

She couldn't fail this mission, she knew that. She was still being watched closely because of her previous mistakes. One more slip up, and someone else's finger would slip on the trigger on a gun, and she'd just be another nameless body without a grave, without a mourner, without a thought. She'd be lost, just like legions of others who hadn't been cold-hearted enough to kill other just to keep themselves alive. Venus didn't want to end up like that, so she did her job.

Today, that job happened to be assassinating a woman in some position of power that made her higher ups uncomfortable. So, she was lying down on a rooftop, looking down through the barrel of a sniper rifle at her target, although it was through a window. She'd shot out the security cameras with a silenced pistol on her way up, although she knew she still have to be careful. The wind was only slightly blowing, so there was no need to adjust due to that. When everything seemed clear, Venus carefully curled her finger around the trigger and pulled. And then she shot again. There was no room for mistakes. She was wearing gloves, so she was safe to leave the rifle where it was on the rooftop, before she left over the roofs of Budapest. It was a beautiful city, and the strange, shadowy half-light made sure all the lights were on, making dots gleam and wink all over the streets. After a short while, she was content with the distance she'd travelled from the building and carefully slid down into the streets and into the designated building where she would report to her boss and say her mission was complete, and then get out as quickly as she could.