❌ Sweet Caroline

Summary: Jay meets a certain lovely lady while he's undercover scoping out a club. [3,237 words]

CW: Tim as Caroline Hill, nonbinary Tim

...........................................................

The complete version of this fic is only available on Archive Of Our Own (for more info on why, please see the Table Of Contents). A link to the fic is provided at the bottom of the chapter, under External Link. If you are not on desktop, please see the link to my AO3 in my bio, or the JayTim Oneshots masterpost on my profile (under the 'Conversations' tab. Scroll to 29 March, 2023) for the direct links to the fics.

...........................................................

A short preview:
.

Jason was undercover at a club in disguise, scoping out the place. He didn't have to do much tonight, just take note of who was working and shift change and if anybody went into the back. 

His disguise had actually been a little bit of a pain in the ass and he kind of hated it. He'd let his hair grow out to its natural red (which truthfully, he'd always hated anyway) and cut it, and then let his facial hair grow out to a semi-long scruff, and then he'd gone with sunglasses in the club at night like an utter tool, but hey, hopefully that'd keep people away from him.

He was just thinking about leaving for the night when a new woman started dancing against him, and he looked her over, deciding she was pretty hot, and thought he might stay a little longer and maybe get lucky.

Jason ran his hands over her waist and down her hips, wrapped in a tight black dress that showed off her narrow figure — if Jason had to guess, he'd say she was some sort of athlete, maybe a runner or a gymnast, with her defined arms, small breasts, and slim hips. She was also wearing dark plum lipstick that kept drawing Jason's eyes to her lips. They were thin but with a pronounced cupid's bow, and her lower lip looked plush enough that Jason kind of wanted to bite it. 

She slid one hand up over his chest, pushing her brown hair back off of her shoulder with her other hand, and swaying her hips to the music.

"You're gorgeous, can I buy you a drink?" He shouted in her ear.

She hesitated. "I don't drink. Food?"

If she just didn't drink, she could always get something non-alcoholic, but if she was suggesting food instead, that probably meant she was worried about him trying to slip something into her drink. Jason really hated that that was a precaution she had to take because wow the world was a shit place sometimes, but he could accommodate that.

"Sure." He swept his hand forward to indicate she should lead the way and they headed off of the crowded dance floor to the bar.

"Do you want to share some tater tots?" She asked once they got to the edge of the bar and looked at the hanging menu.

He nodded and stepped forward to get the bartender's attention.

"So what's your name?" He asked her, as they waited for their food.

"Caroline. What's yours?"

"Jacob," he lied easily.

"Nice to meet you, Jacob."

They made some small talk until they got their food, and then continued to make what conversation they could in the loud club until the food was gone, standing at the end of the bar, flirting and brushing hands over each other's arm or back or waist occasionally.