💚 It Isn't Sex It's The Next Best Thing

Summary: What started out as Jay jokingly sexting Tim in a bid to make him laugh (and, in his words, 'get that enormous stick out of your little ass') slowly turns into Tim not only no longer being angry with Jay, but, as they continue to jokingly sext each other whenever the instance arises, slowly starting to consider that a friendship may be blooming between them.

After a while, it's possible that friendship could start to bloom into something even more, and maybe all that joke-sexting doesn't stay such a joke anymore after all. [11,800 words]

Note: For the record, sexting and virtual sex are totally still sex haha. But, I couldn't resist the Bo Burnham reference (title from his song 'Sexting').

Also, 'backpfeifengesicht' means basically 'face that begs to be hit' — one of those ever so useful German compound words.

...........................................................

The first time it happened, Tim had just gone back to the Batcave for the first time in a good damn while, and opened his fucking locker to be assaulted with one of Jason's nasty ass uniforms clearly from after a sewer crawl. 

Oh fuck no.

After he'd slammed the door back on that, and escaped far, far away, he'd pulled out his phone, because extra fuck Jason if he thought Tim was just gonna let that pass uncommented on.

Bᴀᴄᴋғᴇɪғᴇɴɢᴇɪsɪᴄʜᴛ ⚰

You make me gag in general but now
I've quite LITERALLY almost retched.
Why did you leave ur shit in MY
locker last time you went after Killer
Croc????! HOW LONG HAS THAT
BEEN IN THERE

Oh stop being a little bitch, I was tired
and I guess I wasn't paying too much
attention to which locker it was. And
then I forgot about it. I'll get it 🙄

You fucking better. You're cleaning my
whole locker too

Ohhh somebody needs to lighten up
and get that enormous stick out of his
little ass

I make you gag in general? I can
definitely make you gag if that's what
you really want, Timmy 😉

All you had to do was ask

It had just been so absurd, taken Tim so fucking off guard, he couldn't help the laugh that escaped him.

😂😂😂😂

Okay fine that was funny

To think, I've just been dealing with a
sore jaw from criminals punching me
all this time when I could've at least
been getting something for it

I'll make your jaw sore for all the right
reasons baby 😘

It's a date. Novembuary 32nd at 9 in
the afternoon 😉💞

Wouldn't miss it for the world baby
😍😍😍

And ugh, Jason was weaseling his way out of getting bitched at more and Tim being pissed at him, but Tim had had a smile on his face now and, try as he might — and he really did try — he hadn't really been able to bring himself to care all that much.

|||||

The next time it happened, Tim— Tim didn't really know what possessed him. It was just that Jason was being stupid, bitching at him for nothing, for just doing his fucking job properly, and he guessed something in the back of his mind reminded him of what Jason had done the last time they'd argued, and...Tim had just kind of instinctively done it before he'd even really thought about it.