A Chaotic Day

Chapter 6
Draco POV

I carried Harry in my arms into the room of requirements, our new temporary home.

We had just came back from dinner, and Harry was getting sleepy.

But I couldn't let him fall asleep yet.

No, I still needed to tell Harry about his past.

I sighed and looked down at the small boy, running a hand through his hair.

"Harry, I know your tired, but will you stay awake for a little longer? I need to talk to you." I said, opening the door to our personal library.

I sat down on one of the accent chairs that was a few feet away from the fireplace, then motioned over a blanket with my wand for Harry.

I bundled Harry up in the blanket, smiling when Harry wiggled around.

"Ok, sit still now, because this might take a while." I said, running a hand through Harrys hair.

Harry nodded his head and looked up at me, giving me a small smile.

"Well, where should I start?" I wondered, not knowing where to begin, or how to explain it all to someone Harrys age.

"Well, you see, you werent always this small." I started, chuckiling when Harry gave me a confused face.

"I mean, you used to be bigger."

Harry laughed and snuggled up into my chest.

"Bigger? But i thought you start small and then get big!"

The big grandfather clock in the corner of the room chimed, signialing another hour that had flown by.

"Thats right," I told him, gently stroking a finger across his cheek, "but you see, you used to be older. Remember that room with the big pots and all the colorful liquids?" I asked, grabbing my wand once Harry noded.

I waved my wand in front of him, making swift and clean motions.

I muttered a word, and suddenly there was a glowing green smoke in the air.

With another wave of my wand, the smoke started to take shape, and slowly formed a picture of the older Harry and me sitting in potions together.

Harry 'oooo'd at the smoke, reaching up for it with his little hand.

I sat him up so he could get a clearer view of the smoke, supressing a small yawn before i continued.

"Well, back when you were big Harry, we had that class together. But you see, an accident happened, and you turned small." I whispered, the smoke animating all that I said.

Harry watched the smoke, occasionally looking up at me.

"Then what happened?" He asked, leaning fowards.

"Well, we took you to the nurses office. We were so shocked,we had no idea what to do! You know the rest of the story from there, but theres a lot that you dont know. Of your past I mean. Or should I call it your future?" I laughed, changing the shape of the smoke.