Honesty is a Virtue

Chapter 8
Dracos POV

It was perfect.

Brilliant even.

We would be going to Hogsmade today, and Harry would be staying with Dumbledore.

And almost as if the universe was playing in my favor, Goyle, Crabbe, Pansy and Blaise were all held back in detention for fooling off during Transfigurations, which meant i could use Harrys cloak and map without them seeing it.

It was all perfect.

The only problem was that Ron, who as promised tagged along, would not stop yapping.

"Ron, theres this crazy thing called closing your mouth, ever heard of it?" I asked, giving him a smile.

He looked offended until Hermione agreed that he was being a bit loud.

He stayed silent for most of the way to the Three Broomsticks, where we were walking toawrds since thats where Ginny and her friends usually hung out.

"Watch out!"

The three of us all turned towards the direction of the yell, which was coming from Zonkos Joke Shop.

I ducked down just in time to dodge a stray firework that had been set off along with a dozen others that were flying around causing chaos.

"Sorry!"

Dennis Creevey, and his younger brother Colin Creevey, ran over to us and apoligized.

"We had just ment to look at them, we didnt know they'd go off!"

Colin shook his head in agreement with his older brother, once again apologizing to us before they ran off to try and stop the other stray fireworks.

"Hes a bit of an annoying little git, that Dennis Creevey. His brother too." Ron commented, yelping when Hermione pinched his arm.

"Ron! Thats no way to talk about people! It was an accident,they didn't mean to harm anyone." She scolded, making him mumble under his breath.

Apparently, she caught some of what he was saying beacause she gasped with rage and then began to yell at him,which caused an endless cycle of bickering.

"Will you two shut it!? Were going to get found out before we can even walk into the stupid building!" I yelled, quieting the both of them.

They silently agreed to stay quiet for the reaminder of the walk, much to my appreciation, and within a few minutes we reached the crowded pub, vibrating with chatter and movement.

"Now then, Ill get under the cloak since its really only big enough for one of us, and you two try and create an opening for me to slip the potion into Ginnys food."

Ron clicked his tounge and groaned, tossing his head back.

"Why do you get to use the blanket?"

I rolled my eyes and ignored him, letting Hermione explain that if i were to try and talk to Ginny to create a diversion, she would be too sucpisions and be on guard.

I waited until a few people who were standing outside walked in, and then quickly dove under the blanket.

"Alright, i need you guys to stay close by me to prevent anyone from bumping into me. I may be invisibe but it's over if they feel me."

They nodded and walked in, Hermione in front of me and Ron behind.

They probably looked a bit odd since there was a a decent sized gap between them, but no one seemed to notice over all the laughter, shouting, and humming from the converstations that rang throughout the crowded building.