kissing her neck to get her attention (requested)

"Lisa? Please talk to me." You pleaded and tried to take ahold of her hand, only for her to pull it away again as soon as you touched her.

She sat wordlessly beside you. Her arms were folded over her chest, her gaze rested on the tv where she was paying close attention to what was playing. You've never even heard of the film and she didn't seem all that interested in it, but she was angry with you and anything was better than talking to you right now.

It hurt you to see how saddened she was. You didn't mean to forget your date planned for tonight; you just got caught up in the day and it slipped from your mind. You tried explaining it to her but understandably, she was hurt and your excuses weren't gonna make her feel better.

"Baby, I really am sorry."

She just huffed and stared at the tv. You needed to get her attention, just to let her know how sorry you really were, and you didn't want to disappoint her more by turning off the film.

So you brushed her hair behind her ear and took a moment to admire her. She moved a little bit, just to scoot away from you; even though you had the feeling she wanted nothing more than to melt into your touch.

You moved closer and started to run your fingers along her arm. She didn't pull away, but she didn't even turn to look at you, either. She just sat there, silent and watching the movie.

"I'm sorry." You whispered again, this time in her ear before you laid a little kiss to her neck. "I know you're not happy with me and I understand completely." You said as your lips traveled along her skin and she shuddered. "But I am sorry. I didn't forget our date on purpose, my baby. I never would."

Her breath hitched at your lips brushed against that one spot on her skin that she couldn't ever help but melt into. She put her head back and let her eyes close. She was still quiet, only soft sighs falling from her lips now. But it was better than the silence and the background noise of the movie you had no interest in.

"I love you. You know that, right?"

And this time, she nodded her head.

"And we've been together for several months now. I've never hurt you or forgotten about important things before and I wouldn't start now. I love you too much to let you down like that."

"I know." She whispered quietly and you lifted your head in surprise. "I was just sad because it's the first day we've had together for a couple of weeks. I've been busy and I feel like we need more quality time together."

"I didn't forget on purpose. I promise."

"I know." She whispered before pulling you into her arms and onto her lap. A giggle fell from your lips and when your eyes locked, you saw her smile. "I love you."

"Love you. I'll make it up to you. You have tomorrow off, right? I'll treat you to dinner and we'll cuddle and watch movies together."

"Okay." She agreed and stole a kiss from your lips.

You kissed her neck again, this time only out of love and you quickly kissed your way back up to her lips.

"I guess I know how to get your attention when I need it now." You mumbled against her lips and she let out a laugh before pulling you in for a hug and you melted right into it; feeling happier now that she was smiling and holding you again.