chapter 1

"Father! Look at what I found!"

A girl about the age of seven ran into the garden towards someone who resembled her in more ways than one.

"Elaine. Behave yourself." The older man said in a stern voice. He looked down as little Elaine managed to catch up to him, gasping for air. Elaine bowed down, embarrassed.

"I apologize father," she said, her cheeks turning a bright red as she bit her lip.

The man only sighed, walking past the girl. Not even a glance back, he continued to walk towards his destination. The girl frowned and stood up, watching as her father made it to the garden table. Her heart dropped when she saw her father smile warmly, the sight unfamiliar.

"Elion. Lila. Are you two having fun?" The man chuckled, ruffling Lila's hair. He gestured at one of his men to bring up a chair, and sat down.

"Good day father! Elion and I were just having tea." Lila smiled innocently.

The father chuckled. "Is that right?"

He glanced around, his eyes stopping for a moment when he noticed Elaine still standing ten feet away, before proceeding to look around the garden.

"This garden is just so beautiful to look at," Lila continued. "It all comes together so nicely, don't you think?"

As the three family members continued talking, Elaine just stood there in silence. She wanted to join her father and siblings, but knew she would only get scolded if she came any closer. She clenched her fists, begging herself inwardly not to cry.

She had just wanted to show her father the flower she had picked up.

Not too long ago, she had noticed a pretty flower standing alone far away from the rest of the garden, and thought she could give it as a gift. She glanced down at the delicate red flower in her hand, smiling softly. It was okay, she thought to herself.

If her father didn't want the flower, she did not mind keeping it for herself.

The flower deserved as much love as the rest of the garden after all.

————-

I was finally at peace.

Until I woke up to my maids screaming at me to get out of bed.

When I first realized that I had went back in time to a few weeks before I decided to drink that poison, I was confused. Not only was I still alive, but a few weeks before. It was as if the Gods above wanted me to go through this suffering again! Perhaps I was a form of entertainment, or maybe they pitied my unlovable life.

I really just did not know.

Nonetheless, I got out of bed so that my maids could dress me. Slowly blinking as to remove the sleep out of my eyes, I observed my room. It still had that familiarity that I had learned to hate. I noticed the mirror and stared at my reflection. Long silver hair that reached to my waist, a petite body hidden in a nightgown, and innocent blue colored eyes. I was still miserably me.

Flustered and still lost in thought of how I ended up here, I was forced to stop thinking when one of my maids, Livia, slapped my hand.

"Miss, we do not have time for you to be staring into space. Stop this foolishness at once."

I froze, trying to process what had just happened. Usually I would stay quiet or apologize for upsetting the people who took care of me, but for a maid to slap my hand? How could I have let them treat me this way for so long?

I turned to look into Livia's eyes. "Who am I?" I asked, frowning in the process.

Livia frowned, not understanding. It was as if she was not expecting me to speak up. "What do you mean?"

"Who am I?" I repeated my question.

The maids surrounding me stopped moving their hands and cautiously glanced at each other, probably confused as to why I was speaking. I raised an eyebrow. "Must I repeat myself again?" I asked, glaring at Livia.

She flinched.

"W-Well you're our lady..."

"Lady who?" I asked.

Seeing the realization in her eyes, I could only sigh quietly. While it was my fault for not correcting her in the past, I was still quite annoyed.

"Lady Crestille..."

I rolled my eyes and turned forward again, letting my maids continue to dress me. "A mere maid dares to slap my hand, even going so far as to tell me what to do. How ill-mannered must you be?" I scoffed.

Livia completely registered what she had done, and immediately got on her knees while shaking. "It was a mistake milady! I apologize for my actions. Please have mercy."

Not even bothering to look at the trembling girl on the ground, I frowned. "Get out," I said, loud enough so she could hear. From the corner of my eye, I could see her suddenly freeze and look up at me.

"Your time with me is over, Livia. Leave."

Even the maids who were almost finished with dressing me stopped to look up at me.

'Let this be a lesson to those below who disrespect me' I thought to myself.

I was tired of being treated like trash, and now that I was still alive I no longer felt like staying quiet. Since I wasn't allowed to die, I might as well become the monster they believed I was.

If I'm a monster, I shall be the worst kind they've ever seen.