three

☾♥★

September 1975   ☾♥★

September 1975
☾♥★

Lyra lay in her bed staring at the ceiling, her dormmates already gone. Potions textbook, parchment, a quill, with her. The girl fell asleep while working. Ink bottles on her nightstand along with a goblet of Pumpkin Juice. Lyra closed her eyes and sighed. She slowly sits up and looks around her dorm. Celeste's DADA textbook and parchment spread across her bed, her trunk open, and clothes are hanging out. Aspen's "organized mess," as she calls it, clothes everywhere, chest open, textbooks, parchment, quills, and ink bottles around, but she always seems to know where everything is.

Lyra gets out of bed and stumbles over to the window, and pulls open the curtains. She squints her eyes as the light blinds her momentarily. She looks out the window to see the sun high in the sky, reflecting the lake's sun illumination. Lyra walks away from the window and goes to the bathroom.

Lyra walks into the bathroom and looks at her reflection in the mirror, her hair everywhere, dark circles under her eyes, and makeup from the day before. The girl lets out a long sigh. She walks to the shower and turns on the water. Lyra pulls off the Slytherin Quidditch jumper and throws it into a pile, and she then slips off her royal green silk shorts and black underwear. She walks into the shower and lets the hot water flow down her body.

Lyra puts her back to the water and lends her head back, letting the watch flow over her face waking her up. She runs her hands over her face to try and get the remaining makeup off her face. Lyra grabs her mint scented shampoo and squirts some onto her hand. She rubs her hands together and starts putting the soap all in her hair. Lyra scrubs the soap in her head while thinking about what she would do today; she did have some work she needed to get done, she could also find her friends and hang out with them.

Lyra rinses the shampoo out her hair and then reaches for the conditioner. The soap is in a blub in her right hand, and she then puts the soap in her long black hair. Lyra grabs the body wash and starts washing her body.

Once she was done getting all of the soap off her body and hair, she sits on the shower floor under the water. The black-haired girl was thinking about her twin. Oh, how she missed him, how she missed when life was simpler before Hogwarts. When the three Black children would run around, laugh, and play—playing with their cousins, who Lyra got along well with — Andromeda and Narcissa mostly. Lyra missed her dear cousin, who married the muggle-born Hufflepuff, who has a two-year-old daughter. Lyra always wanted to meet them; maybe she will one day.

Lyra's mind drifts from her disowned cousin and to her brothers. She wished they all got along like they did when they were younger, before Hogwarts. Life was so much simpler for the Black children, running around the place they are supposed to call home.