Part 3 Chapter 10b

tw: mentions of abortion, mentions of sexual assault

a/n: I really didn't mean to make Ophelia and Chloe's interactions sound like the song 'Driver's License' it just happened 😭😭

Chloe cleared her throat, awkwardly.

"So...you and Zach are still together."

The awkwardness of the question, and the way it was asked, made Ophelia put her guard up. She straightened, and felt like she needed to be strict with her answer.

"Yes, of course we are." Ophelia tried to speak as confidently as possible. But in the back of her mind, she was still just as shocked he had taken her back. 

Chloe put on a pleasant smile. "That's good. I'm glad. You two are very cute together."

Ophelia narrowed her eyes, and set her sights down to the hot chocolate in her hands.

They were at Monet's. Chloe and her had the back table, the one she had spotted Chloe and Zach at the day before.

The table a few feet away sat Justin and Zach. They were there to make sure no one sat too close and heard what they were talking about.

Justin sighed, and checked the time on his phone. School started in forty minutes. He knew Zach and Ophelia were going to skip that day, but he hadn't decided yet.

He wondered if Zach would let him tag along to wherever they went. He knew Ophelia wouldn't mind.

Zach just stared at his coffee, impatiently waiting for time to go quicker.

Justin looked over at Ophelia and Chloe conversing. They both looked uncomfortable. Neither of them seemed to want to be there. But Justin understood it was for the best.

Even if Chloe must have been the one person Ophelia didn't want to share that information with.

"You know, you should've asked before going to talk to Chloe," Justin spoke up, seemingly out of the blue to Zach.

Zach glanced up at him.

"What?"

Justin reached up and scratched the skin just under his nose. "Why would you run to the girl you know Ophelia is so jealous about?"

Zach crossed his arms, and leaned back. "She's not jealous of her anymore."

Justin shook his head, and let out a short laugh.

Zach shifted uncomfortably, not pleased with his response.

"What?" he asked, icily.

Justin's smile dropped. He shrugged. "C'mon, man. Girls don't get over that stuff. Chloe makes her feel uncomfortable and you went up to her and told her she was pregnant?"

The chair beneath him squeaked as Zach again shifted back again. "I didn't tell her Ophelia was pregnant. I just said someone I know got pregnant."

"Yeah, real fucking hard to put that one together."

"Justin, knock it off," Zach snapped at him. "It was hard to think clearly, alright? My girlfriend told me she was pregnant, and then that it wasn't mine. I tried the best I could."

Justin exhaled loudly, and shut up for a moment.

When he saw Zach began to calm down, he asked, "Did Ophelia talk to you about what happened?"

Zach wiped a bead of sweat off his forehead. He continued speaking quietly so the girls couldn't hear him. "She told me she didn't mean to cheat on me. We're leaving it at that for now."