Part 2 Chapter 13b

A/N: Hey guys! I know this chapter came kind of late but I decided to wrap up the season in one, last long chapter. I apologize if it's too long 😬

If it is too long, let me know and I will try to keep chapters shorter and more convenient to read.

PLEASE READ BEFOREHAND: This chapter contains sexual content, mentions of sexual abuse, mentions of physical abuse, and graphic violence.

This chapter does contain the scene of Montgomery confronting Tyler in the bathroom, but I changed it. I couldn't bare to write in the mop scene at all, so I made it different, but still bad enough for Tyler that he would have been driven him to bring a gun to the Spring Fling.

IF YOU DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE READING THE BATHROOM SCENE, MAKE SURE TO START SKIPPING WHEN YOU SEE THE CONVERSATION BETWEEN MONTGOMERY AND KENNETH. YOU CAN ALSO MESSAGE ME AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW I CHANGED IT IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE READING IT. OR YOU CAN MESSAGE ME BEFORE SO YOU CAN DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE READING IT.

*****

Montgomery was sitting in a jail cell at the county jail when a man in a suit walked in. Officer Standall stood beside him. Montgomery stood when Standall started unlocking the jail cell door.

"What's going on?" Montgomery asked.

He had been clueless since they brought him in last night.

"Mr. De La Cruz, my name is Anderson. I'm going to be your lawyer."

Montgomery shook his head, looking up and down at Anderson's expensive suit and briefcase. "I can't afford no lawyer. Are you my free one? The court appointed one?"

Anderson chuckled. "No, I'm not free. The Walker family sent me here for you. They will be covering the charges."

Montgomery couldn't believe it. "Bryce sent you?"

Officer Standall spoke up, "Montgomery, I'll be taking you to the interrogation room. If you try to resist at all we will be forced to put you in handcuffs."

Anderson spoke up quickly, "He be resisting anything. Right?"

Montgomery just nodded. But Officer Standall was still rough when pulling him out of the cell. He pushed him forward, so harshly the lawyer interjected.

"Let's not turn this into a police brutality case, huh?"

Montgomery was brought to an interrogation room. He had been pulled over last night, while he was driving home to grab a few more clothes. He had planned on leaving town for a few days, but then he was arrested.

He was told it was for the physical and sexual assault of Ophelia Tristano. It made him sick. Montgomery wasn't going to pretend he didn't deserve the arrest, and that he hadn't deserved punishment for when he hurt Ophelia, but he didn't sexually assault her. Did she tell them he did?

Montgomery had felt dread, and shame all night long in the cell. Did Ophelia feel like he had sexually assaulted her? Did she feel taken advantage of?

When Officer Standall opened the door to the room, there was another Officer there as well. Montgomery felt even more anxious.

He took a seat, and set his hands on the table. His cast ached. He hadn't been given his pain relief medicine.

Officer Standall hit 'record' on a black device in the middle of the table.

"Talk to me about Ophelia Tristano," Officer Standall begun.

Montgomery shifted uncomfortably in his seat. Tell him about Ophelia? There was so much to say. So many instances between them, so many feelings and memories they shared. He could tell him every little detail about Ophelia. That's how close they had been.