❤️ Chapter twenty-eight

Dedicated to OhonbamuMercy

Simisola_

"Okay, have you called off the deal? Then atleast, you'd have let me pack my things myself."

      "The things you need are what I asked you to pack." Dad said.

   "Mr. Samuel, would you speak to me about what's going on because I'm confused."

      "Simi, calm down. Aunty Ifeoma would help you pack the rest of your things and drop them here first thing tomorrow morning or this night because she's travelling tomorrow."

     "Why didn't you just let me take them with me now?" I raised an eyebrow.

      "Because your stuffs are too many and it'd take time for you to finish packing. You and I have something to do. This house haven't be cleaned for one week. Oya, let's get to work."

     Normally, I'd have groaned and complained before sluggishly going to pick a broom but now I didn't. I'm sure dad was even surprised at home fast I opened the windows then swept the house. I mopped afterwards because there was dust on the ground as if the house had been abandoned for one year.

     After that, i cleaned the kitchen and checked the gas cookers. Dad didn't even have to do anything anymore.

   I made a mental note to clean my room when I come back. I didn't even check the room before I rushed out.

   "Where to, miss?" Dad asked.

"To aunty Ifeoma's place." I answered even before he finished his question.

   "Why?"

I don't like people touching my things and I know, I'm not guessing, aunty Ifeoma can't pack my things. They'd probably forget to add something. Maybe something very important like my Jacket and I'd be very mad if she really travels when I left somethings behind.

    "I need to pack my things myself."

^_________^^_________^^_________^^

I hung each dress in a hanger and put them carefully in the wardrobe.

How I missed this room!

My freedom! My privacy!

    I picked my jacket up from the bag and hugged it tightly.

'I missed you!' I whispered dramatically.

    As I was about to hang it, a laminated paper fell from it. I dropped it and picked the paper up.

Uh, Dindu's birth certificate!

    I totally forgot everything about it after the day I first saw it. I don't even remember keeping it here. Heck, I don't even remember keeping it anywhere or if I even kept it at all.

    It's of no use keeping it with me but I still didn't know how to return it and i can't even ask Dindu about the name.

April 1st 2003 caught my attention.

Tomorrow is April 1st, right?

I doubted myself and I had the check my phone.

Yup, tomorrow is April 1st but why didn't anyone talk about his birthday?

Not him, not his mum, not Kelly.

Why?!

'Maybe birthday's aren't really big deals to them.' I thought then I shrugged but I didn't brush it off my mind. I still wondered why.