Shadows of the Night

Sam Imagine

Belle watched in horror as the vampire bit Sam. The bloodsucker had kidnapped her, and Sam being the amazing boyfriend that he is, came to save her.
Sam had followed them to the abandoned house only to find his girlfriend beaten up badly. He went to untie her and the vampire struck.

Belle screamed and cried out to Sam as the vamp continued to drain Sam. She quickly realized it wasn't going to turn him, but drain him. Belle continued to sob as the color drained from her boyfriend's face and his eyes fell shut. Belle then prayed and Sam opened his eyes.

Belle's eyes shot open with a start. She was hyperventilating in quick unsteady breaths as she looked around and saw that she wasn't in an abandoned house, but in Sam's room. She then looked over to her side and glanced at her boyfriend who was fast asleep.
Her mind began to catch up with her and she remembered that she'd come over to spend the night away from her abusive family. It was just a nightmare.

Not wanting to wake Sam up, she quickly got out of bed and crept downstairs.

Once belle was in the kitchen, she grabbed a glass and filled it halfway with water. As she drank, her hands shook and the glass almost fell to the ground.

Belle heard footsteps in the hallway outside the kitchen and panicked for a second before realising it was Sam.

"You okay?" Sam asked her.

Belle shrugged and answered honestly. "I've been better."

As soon as Belle said this, Sam immediately went over to her and wrapped his arms around her in a gentle hug. He rubbed her back and asked her, "what happened?"

"I had a nightmare." She tells him. "It kind of shook me to the core."

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks.

"Not really." She responded gently.

Sam pulled away slightly but kept his arms around her. "You wanna come back to bed? I need someone to cuddle with."

Belle smiled. "Of course."

Sam gently grabbed Belle's hand and led her back to his room, turning all the lights out so they were bathed in darkness. The shadows made her queasy.

Belle crawled back into bed and Nanook jumped onto the bed, snuggling between them.

"Thank you, Nanook. You really are the best dog."

Sam laid down and pulled belle into his chest. He kept his arms around his girlfriend, keeping the nightmares away. Belle started to relax into her boyfriend's arms. The shadows of the night no longer freaked her out. Sam was right beside her.