Chapter 6

I swing the hotel door open and exclaim, "It's the boogie man!"

"Oh no." is Liam's monotone response.

"You could at least pretend to believe me and be scared for like .02 seconds."

"OH NO! What should I do?! The boogie man is in my hotel room! I have to run for my life!"

"Better. Why are you dressed up all nicely?" I question, noticing that he's wearing a nice button-down plaid shirt and black trousers.

"Well, I believe I'm going out tonight and you're coming with me," he says matter-of-factly.

"Is that so?"

"It is."

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise. An surprise that I know you'll love."

"Well in that case...maybe I'll come," I grin.

I grab the one dress that I brought. Liam advised me to bring a fancy outfit before we left, so I did. The dress is a dark red/crimson color - perfect for Christmas! It's a skater dress and it's pretty short, but not to the point that it looks extremely slutty (I don't think it does, at least). It has 3/4 sleeves and I match it with a pair of black tights and black heels. I have absolutely no clue where we're going, so I wear suitable shoes - not too high on the heel, but not too short either. I put in a pair of super cool dangly earrings. They're long and pointy and make me look edgy or something!

I get ready in the bathroom and it takes me a little while since I straighten my hair. I usually let my hair fall in its natural curls, but I decide to change it up. I apply mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, and some EOS lip balm, which I prefer over lip gloss any day. My makeup doesn't look overdone, but it's still noticeable. That's what I usually go for.

I head out and see Liam asleep on the bed. Seriously? That's cool.

I rudely awake him and he falls out of the bed. He bumps his head on the ground and whines, "Owwie!"

"Be a man; rub some dirt on it." I tell him, quoting my favorite movie: She's the Man.

"If you weren't wearing tights, I could probably see up your dress right now."

"Pervert," I kick him lightly and extend a hand to help him up.

He does a once over of me, "You look beautiful. You're like a model in a magazine."

There are times that I am seriously thankful for the fact that I'm Indian. Like right now. Since my skin is tan, I don't blush. If I did blush, my face would literally be the color of my dress right now. I'm not exactly good at taking compliments, especially from guys - Liam or not.

"Thanks."

***

Do you ever have those moments? Those moments where you just want to capture everything around you and keep it the same forever? Those moments when everything around you is the way it should be and there isn't a thing you would change if you had the chance? You feel it when it happens. It's an indescribable feeling. You can't take enough pictures or use words to express how it is. It's just perfect. It makes you question whether you're in real life or not.

I'm having one of those moments.

The Eiffel Tower is one of the most stunning things in the world, no doubt about it. At night when the lights are all lit up, it's breathtaking. But when you're on top of it - the wind blowing a slight breeze on your face and the rest of the city illuminating in the darkness of night? You feel invincible, like you're in a dream. 

"Liam," I start. I can't exactly form words right now. Like I said, it's one of those moments.

"Isn't it beautiful?"

"It's the definition of beautiful."

"Do you like it?"

I chuckle, "Is that a trick question? This is the most amazing think I've ever experienced."

"Good."

"Is this my amazing Christmas present?" I ask.

He hesitates, "Well...not exactly. This was kind of just a pleasant surprise."

"It's a little more than a 'pleasant surprise'. A pleasant surprise is like finding a pound on the ground on your way to go to work. An amazing surprise is something like the dinner we just had at that extremely exclusive and posh restaurant we just ate at. This is more like... I don't even know. It's... blah - it's perfect," I ramble on.

This is one of the main reasons I want a boyfriend. I want to travel the world with him. I want to see the most beautiful scenes the world has to offer with him. I want to visit places like Paris and New York City with him. I want to close my eyes and toss coins into the Trevi Fountain like Lizzie McGuire, but I want to know that I'm going to have my wish when I open my eyes because he'll still be there. I want to put a lock on the Pont des Arts bridge with him. I want to just kiss him in the middle of the chaos in Times Square. I want to climb every single stair in the Leaning Tower of Pisa (I still think it should be Pizza instead of Pisa but whatever) with him. I want to be the couple that everyone looks at and thinks 'wow, they're made for each other' or 'I wish my relationship was like that'. 

I want a lot of things, but I'm never going to get any of it. Why? Because I repel guys. Guys don't notice me and when they do they only notice me as a friend. I always say I'm not one of those desperate girls because I don't think I am. I'm just a girl who dreams of having the love she sees in the films. The girl that wants the love that everyone else can only imagine.

I snap out of my daze with Liam's voice saying, "Josie?"

"Yup?"

"Nothing. You just seemed kind of out of it for a second. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. It's just...," I pause and sigh. "Don't you ever wish you could have the perfect girlfriend? Not a girl that's perfect, but a girl that is perfect for you."

"All the time." He looks up from the ground with a confused expression, "Why?" 

"There's just so much in the world that I want to experience. Except I don't want to experience it by myself. You know?"

"Yeah. I know."

I clutch the railing and take an extremely deep breath. "I wonder if there's actually someone out there for me. I wonder what their name is and how we're going to meet. I wonder what they're doing right now and where they are. And really, I just wonder if they even exist."

"I already know the person for me," he responds, sounding like his mind isn't even here right now.

"Really? Who?" I question, suddenly interested.

He seems to come back to reality. He stutters his words out, "N-no, I m-I mean, like, I know they're out there. I don't actually know them. I just kinda...know them on the inside?"

"Oh."

Out of all of the things I wonder, I think the thing I wonder the most is if I already know the person that I'm meant to be with.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay there is no way I'm going to finish this story by Christmas. *freaks out*

anyway, forgetting about my panic my panic, please tell me what you guys thought! Comment and vote, PLEASE!! I'm not responding simply because if I'm on here, I'm writing this story as much as I can so I can finish! But please do comment & vote. I love reading comments :)

thanks for reading! xoxo

TWO DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS. OMG. NOT. BREATHING. NEED. TO. FINISH. STORY. PANICING. PANICKING. HOWEVER YOU SPELL THAT.