A place to call home

Ivys POV
After leaving the hospital with she felt the cold breeze ambush her face, she stood there for a minute with her eyes closed and she just let her hair blow around in the wind before jay noticed she had stopped walking. She collected herself before opening her eyes, jay was staring at her, he didn't make eye contact but when she opened her eyes, he bolted his eyes off of her and focused on a car just past her in the distance to try and cover up his stares, it was too late she caught him anyways; her jogger bottoms were like a full size too big and they swamped her small waist and legs, she usually chose them for lazying around her apartment not walking out of the ER.

After re tying her her joggers as tight as she could for the third time before even making it to Jays SUV, she searched her wrists for a hair tie or some type of band so she could tie the back of her joggers in a knot to keep them up, jay noticed ...

After re tying her her joggers as tight as she could for the third time before even making it to Jays SUV, she searched her wrists for a hair tie or some type of band so she could tie the back of her joggers in a knot to keep them up, jay noticed she was looking for something as she was holding up her joggers at her waist with one hand and patting down her pockets with the other. "Looking for this?" Jay teased her with an elastic band he had loosely hanging on his wrist, " ummm yeah...can I borrow it?" She said with puppy dog eyes leaning upwards towards jay since the height difference was quite comparable, "sure" he said with a wide grin. She paused in her tracks and handed him her plastic bag with her old clothes in before gathering up all the loose material on her joggers and tying it in a knot around the back. Jay stood watching her for a second before he opened the car door to put both of their bags in the trunk.

General POV
The whole way home they done nothing but chat, mainly about which deep dish takeaway house was the best in Chicago. They had reached jays apartment in no time, he hopped out and helped ivy down since she had to practically climb out. As they both walked their way to the trunk of his car jay insisted on carrying her bag like a gentleman. She shook her head and smiled before following him into the apartment complex and into the elevator, "real nice place you found here jay" she complimented his living standards, "wait till you see the view on my place" she smiled full heartedly at him knowing the night was going to be peaceful and full of laughter.
*ding*
The elevator had reached jays floor and they both stepped out, jay in front and ivy following his footsteps, as the door flung open to jays apartment he dumped both bags onto the kitchen island and welcomed ivy into his home, "a place to call home, for now anyways" he looked smug as if he was showing off his life's earnings. "Pretty neat. Pretty neat" she laughed with him. "Here I'll show you you're room, Hailey already prepped it for you while we were at med" he gestured for her to follow. He stepped to the side of the door frame and let her through, it was a really spacious room with cream walls and grey decor, she stood in the doorway for a few seconds, "it's perfect" she whispered quietly but enough for him to hear. She walked over to the bed in the middle of the room and turned on her heels before crashing backwards on the bed with her arms to her side, titanic style. Jay was just stood leaning in the doorway looking in smiling with his arms folded into his chest, "ahhh" she groaned and clutched her side as she curled up slightly. Jays face flipped to a worried expression as he made his way over to see if she was okay, "maybe I should take it easy huh?" She joked, "yeah no kidding" jay was stunned at how sarcastic she could be even when under tough circumstances. "So where's this view you promised detective chuckles?" She joked. "Right this way ma'am" he replied matching her energy. He lead her to his room where the view was most breathtaking, she stood right up-to the window which overlooked the river and side walk which was full of happy couples. She smiled showing her pearly whites, "so pretty" she murmured to herself. She hadn't realised jay had made his was next to her as he placed his feet next to hers, "isn't it just?" They both took a minute before jay questioned, "pizza?" She nodded without hesitation.