<04>

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

-9:30 AM~With Daichi-

Daichi, done with cleaning, decided that it would be a good time to ask Sugawara over. He's been trying so hard to be patient and successfully distracted himself from the temptations. He put away all his materials and immediately texted Sugawara.

"Good morning Suga. Wondering if you're free now?"

--was what he wrote. Something that is very Daichi-like...Simple and straightforward. He paced around the room, his head bowing down to the phone. Poor man anxiously waited for a reply that didn't come until 20 minutes later.

-Some time~Still at Kyou Hospital-

Sugawara's phone went off multiple times. So much that the nurse had to get it for the sleeping boy. Sugawara fell asleep while he mourned his grandfather's death. He technically let out all his sorrow after such events suddenly happened--without any warning at all.

Sugawara's poor heart couldn't handle the pain as soon as he heard from his deceased grandfather's nurse, she gave him a letter. He carefully tore it open, revealing a neatly structured layout.

Dear Koushi,

Your grandfather has been a blessing to us. He was, undenyingly, one of the best patients that this hospital has had---not that we're judging all of the people that come and go.

What I am trying to say is that Mr. Sugawara surely made a remark for us all to remember. One of a kind I must say. I am writing to you in place of him, as he told me to do so after his passing.

Your grandfather fought hard Koushi, you should be proud of how far he's come. Anyways, let's get to the point.

Based on the tests collected throughout the past months of his stay, his life was only predicted to last as long as last night. He showed severe symptoms, yet he held on for so long.

Before you woke up this morning, he had a brief conversation with his nurse. His most remarkable words were, "I can't possibly close my eyes without seeing my boy one last time. So I'm not."

Koushi, he gave his hardest, fighting through the night just to see you alive and well one last time. He simply refused to let go until he's got what he wanted. I admire your grandfather, really. I'm sorry for your loss, he lived a good life.

He told me to tell you through this letter, "Go for it"

Again, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope this letter puts you at ease somehow. Now, you live for him, Koushi.

Sincerely,
Dr. Hanazawa

Sugawara's face filled with despair, unable to let any tears out as they might've already run out. He sighed sadly, a tiny smile slowly forming, "I won't let you down"

-Just a few minutes later~At the Front Desk-

Sugawara made it down to the front desk, signing himself out and discussing the plan for his grandpa's burial. Before he left, the nurse reminded him of the notifications he had. He slipped his hand in his pocket, holding his phone, "Ah, thank you. I'm sorry for the trouble."

-After leaving the building~With the pacing Daichi-

"Hey! I'm sorry, I just woke up. I'm free now, do I come over?"

Daichi's mood enlightened as he finally got a reply from Sugawara, who he has been 'accidentally' spamming for almost 5 minutes nonstop.

"Ah! It's fine, yes! I'm--the house is ready for your arrival (:", he texted back. On the other side, Sugawara grinned, confused if the way Daichi texts a smiley-face like this '(:' is creepy or funny. The grey-haired boy answered, "Ok then, I'm on my way :]"