Chapter 2

The Price of Love

Chapter 2

~~ ~~

Sam Wilder had bid his goodbyes, not mentioning the fact that Louis was his only ride home. he made his way out the front door only to awkwardly walk around the building towards the back, he was sure not to be seen. He practically ran towards the trees past the house, according to Louis the stone wall Isabella liked to hide by was beyond the trees nearly a mile from the house. He didn't take long to get there and was surprised at the woman before him.

She tilted her head back to look up at him, her eyes held pain.

Not knowing what to say he mumbled what her brother had told him "Louis wanted you to know he won't let this happen," he said somewhat awkwardly.

Isabella burst into tears at that he wanted to help he wanted to comfort her, he stepped forward and hugged her. he let her cry onto his chest and gently rubbed her back in a comforting way.

She asked him if her parents were upset, he thought it was kind of odd she cared considering they were marrying her off without even asking her opinion. It was 1941! She should at least have a say in who she marries, its not the middle ages!

He stayed there longer enjoying the closeness, his family were never ones for hugging, but he always wished they were, it was something about it that often made one feel better. He enjoyed the closeness, and the smell of her perfume.

She pulled away from him and looked up in the small amount of light they had left.

"What should we do?" she asked sadly.

"Louis knew what was going to happen and well... he will pick us up- we just need to make it to the end of the dirt road."

She nodded and led the way, they walked along the stone wall and Sam helped her to jump an attaching fence before climbing over it himself. It was increasingly dark, and he cursed himself for not brining a flashlight.

He easily kept up the pace and breathed a sigh of relief when they came to an opening in the trees, it was the paved road that joined to the end of the dirt road that led to Isabella's house. Soon Louis Ford came up the road and they both got in.

"Gee. I'm real sorry sis" Louis said, "Come on let's take you somewhere fun."

"What about Mom and Dad?" she asked looking behind them as if her parents would be chasing them on foot. Louis ford was small for the three of them and he could feel Isabella's body heat from where she sat next to him.

"Don't worry about them." Louis said confidently.

Sam was somewhat excited for the next part of Louis' plan. They were going to take Isabella out dancing. She knew how to dance according to her brother but had never been allowed to go out. Louis drove into town parking in front of his favorite nightclub "Zandys" it was a nice place to go, it had a large dancefloor and great drinks.

Sam got out of the Model A 1929 Ford first and then put out a hand to help Isabella, she checked the mirror before getting out. She looked lovely, somehow her brown eyes appeared bigger.

His heart broke for her, knowing what was to come of her future. She smiled up at him revealing deep dimpled cheeks. He cursed his heart for racing, she seemed to have that effect on him. He was happy when she didn't let go of his hand and walked into the club with him. Louis was just ahead of them, saying hello to his favorite waitress before he turned back to Isabella, he took her hands and led her to the dance floor.