Chapter 8

PB: You.....you still have that picture?

Marceline: W-wait! Why was he looking through my stuff?!

Marceline marches over to the sleeping Y/N and begins to shake him.

Marceline: Yo! Y/N! Wake up!

Y/N: Ugh....five more centuries...

*Slap!*

Y/N: Ow! I'm up I'm up!

Y/N rubs his eyes and sees a very annoyed Marceline.

Y/N: You okay? You seem pretty steamed.

Marceline: What-

Before she could finish a magic portal opens up next to bubblegum.

Simon: Yep! This is place. Thank you Betty dear.

Betty: Come back soon K?

The portal closes as Simon dust himself off.

PB: Simon? What brings you here?

Simon: An analysis. Remember that thing we spoke of?

PB: Oh right...

Y/N: What is going on?

Simon bring out a note pad and clears his throat.

Simon: A couple of weeks ago a wild vampire was reported to be inside a barn...when ask if anything was done before hand local candy residents say they knocked on the barn door before hand.

PB: When brought back here same  circumstance but with a different trigger.

Y/N: Trigger?

PB: What kicks you into your "Monster" form. When the Banana  guards hit the door multiple times you immediately went into a sorta defensive mode.

Simon: When you and Marceline visited I couldn't help but see how tense you suddenly became when Betty knocked, but you weren't sure who or what it was so your body reacted how it would naturally.

Y/N: So I get startled easily big deal. Look I don't like where this is going so I'm gonna just—

Marceline: Y/N.

As you lift yourself from the bed Marceline voice causes you to pause. Her tone replaced with one of worry.

Y/N: (Don't...)

Marceline: You can talk to me....I might not like completely know whats going on with you, but as a friend I can try.

Y/N: Friend....really?

A life time of worry and hardship flashed before his eyes. He could feel various emotions rushing through himself.

Y/N: Would a friend forget the other existed!?

Y/N tried to keep his best to keep his emotions in check.

Y/N: I've spent years....Years! Worrying about if you were alive or....or if you bit the big one.

Marceline: Y/N I—

Y/N: I wanted to a part of your life.....but you went and made one for yourself....without me in it.... surrounded yourself with new friends and family while I—Gah!

Y/N walked over to Bubblegum

Y/N: Take care of her will you.....I can see I've no place here.

He quickly takes off into the sky and flies away. As he does a small book falls out of his pocket.

Marceline: Y/N! Wait!

Before taking off Marceline notices the book.

Marceline: Huh?

A small purple colored book. On the front written Y/N's Journal (Return if found)

Marceline: He kept a journal?

PB: You didn't forget about him on purpose...right Marceline?

Marceline: *Sigh*.... It was so long ago. I tried to remember thing's about when I was a kid, but sometimes its way too far back for me to remember anything. I barely remember how and when I met Simon.

Simon: Excuse me Marceline. Let me see that for a sec.

She hands Simon the book and flips through. Each page filled front and back with week to week entries of Y/N's life. Some pages were faded but still somewhat readable.

Simon: Hmm...yes yes....

PB: What are you doing?

Simon: Looking through some of his earliest memories. Look.

He flips a page over and hands it to Bubblegum.

PB: " Its the same dream...over and over again. That day. That day Marceline and I were separated because of the mutants. It haunts me. Did she make it?......I hope—No, I know she made it.....at least....that's what I tell myself."

Simon: Now skip ahead a bit.

Bubblegum flips a few pages ahead.

PB: " Its gotten worse.....I'm starting to turn into the beast almost every time I go to sleep. Because of it I haven't had a good night's sleep in weeks. Its been so long since its happened, but I keep seeing it like it happened yesterday. I've had to move from ruins to ruin just to keep away from the mutants and—

A page slips out and lands by Marceline's feet.

Marceline: "I still hold out hope...one that one day I might run into Marceline again....I wish I could tell her the huge crush I had on her.... *flips page over* I can't believe what I've found...Marceline is alive! Or someone who looks a lot like her....this is my chance. I wanna let her know that......

Marceline starts to mumble the words suddenly blushing a light red.

PB: .....Well? What did it say?

Marceline: .............

Simon: He was in love with you... wasn't he?

Marceline: You K-knew?

Simon: He looks at you the same way I look at Betty...all you want to do is just hold that person tight and never let go...unfortunately he thinks you've let him go.

Marceline: Why didn't he tell about the nightmares...I would have helped him...

PB: He might have wanted to...but seeing how you were happy in your life might have made him think otherwise. Plus that um...picture of us...might have been the metaphorical straw that broke the camel's back.

Simon: It certainly didn't help him feel better. Feeling alone then learning the love of your life is not only alive but with someone else oof that rough.

Marceline: He didn't say I was the love of his life.

Simon: Trust me.

Marceline: I'm gonna go look for him.

Simon: Becareful of what you say...who knows what's going through his mind right now.

Marceline: I'll be fine...I just need to let him know....he's not alone.

Marceline flies off in search of her friend.