10| reunited

⭑・゚゚・*:༅。

              ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

Hospital beds have always been uncomfortable, but they're even stiffer when your back, legs, and arms are littered with sore bruises. I was grateful that Dream had been able to catch me once I slipped off the two-story building, if he hadn't I would have surely been severely injured, or even dead. But even though I landed in his soft arms instead of the hard ground, that didn't disclose the fact I'd still be a bit battered. 

The doctors were currently working on my blood-drawn test, to make sure I didn't have any drugs or other toxic substances in my system. I had assured them I didn't, but they still ran tests on me anyway. I sighed, the dingy TV that played the news in the background was just white noise in my ears. 

I stared at Clay, his face was expressionless as he stared blankly towards the floor, twiddling with his thumbs as he sat in the dusty grey cushioned seat positioned to the right corner of my room. Considering the events that took place in the past few hours, It wasn't hard to tell he was upset. To break the awkward dead silence, I tried to make small talk

"How are your arms feeling?" I asked him, not realizing I spoke in a small whisper. "Why did you do it?" He blurted out, not even turning to face me. "I already told you...I didn't mean to. It was an accident." I mumbled, feeling guilty for putting so much stress on the poor man's shoulders. "Well then what were you doing up there in the first place." His tone of voice seemed angry as he snapped his head upwards and made eye contact. 

I flinched at his louder yell, scooching backward unintentionally. He looked saddened by the fact he had startled me, putting on a softer expression to seem more caring. "I just wanted to relax...I wasn't planning anything." He let out a loud sigh and ran his fingers through his hair. "Out of all the places you could have chosen you decided to go onto your roof? It doesn't matter if you were planning something or not. That was dangerous and you shouldn't have been up there in the first place." He lectured. I turned away, ashamed that my impulsive thinking put so much trouble on the two of us. 

Before I could respond a man with a light blue lag coat entered my room. "Well, your test results came back clean. Just some prescription meds that have been on your record for a while. If you'd like to, you're good to go." I nodded, hopping out of the bed, trembling surprised to use my legs again considering I had been sitting for hours. "Thanks, doc. We will get out of your way now." He waved us a quick goodbye as Clay and I speed-walked through the marble-floored hallways and out the glass doors of my local hospital. 

Walking through the parking lot you could see the sun had finally risen all the way, evaporating the mildew that had collected itself on the concrete when we had first come inside. I followed Clay to my car. A sleek Bugatti with a bright white sheen decorated with pink flowers and little anime character stickers I bought off of Etsy. Most people would say my car was extravagant, but being born into a rich family and being a trust fund kid, it almost felt normal to me. 

I sat in shotgun, Clay had insisted on driving since he didn't think I was capable of doing so in my current state. We both sat in uncomfortable silence before I spoke up again. "Clay...listen I'm really sorry." The calm and collected boy suddenly began to break down, pulling to the side of the road you could he rested his face in the palm of his hands, weeping softly. "No, I'm the one who should be sorry. We spent all this time together and I didn't even notice the signs that you were hurting. I should've been a better friend." His cries shattered my heart into a million pieces as I began to sob with him. "It's not your fault and it never will be. I shouldn't have to rely on others to make me happy. It's my job and mine only to get the help I need and get better." 

I reached out my hand and began to rub his back. In one swift motion, Clay wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a tight hug. Hiding his face in the crook of my neck. "I've been waiting forever to do this," He said against my skin. tears continued to slide down my cheeks but I couldn't help but crack a smile. "Me too." 

After a long time of just sitting there embracing he pulled away. "Alright, let's hurry and get home. I have a little surprise waiting there." I giggled. "So many surprises, and you know I hate surprises." He punched my arm playfully, wiped his eyes, and continued driving. 

Pulling into my driveway I had never felt so happy to be home. I clumsily stumbled from my car seat and headed towards the front door, from inside I could hear the shouts of people. "What the fuck! I think someone broke in." 

Scrambling with the handle I forcefully pushing open my door I was faced by the greatest sight of my life. "SURPRISE!" My best friends screamed, standing in the living room of my home and throwing up their hands, spilling a mess of confetti all over the floor. 

My mouth went agape as I looked at my two best friends, Noyia and Serenity. "Oh my god what are you guys doing here?!" I screamed, dashing inside and pulling them into a group bear hug. "Well Dream told us about what had happened and we decided to come over and stay with you for a little bit until you start feeling better." I squealed, dancing around my house excited to see my friends after I hadn't seen them in forever. 

"CLAY YOU ARE FUCKING AMAZING." I cheered. sprinting towards him and tackling him to the ground. "Jesus christ Nessa get off of me I can't breathe." I giggled and rolled off of him, my small Yorkshire terrier Troy ran around almost as excited as I was, even though he hadn't a clue what was going on. 

Sitting on the floor, my puppy in my lap I finally managed to calm down. "This truly is the best day of my life, even if it came out of a bad situation. I can't thank you guys enough." 

              ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑