5| animosity

⭑・゚゚・*:༅。

              ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

Ding...ding ding...ding

I groaned as a loud noise began to ring in my ear, seemingly getting increasingly louder by the second. I stirred in my sleep, tossing my arm around my bed I looked for my phone, wondering if it was the source of the ruckus. lifting it up to my face the blinding light caused me to squit, hissing in pain and shielding my sight. 

It took a moment for me to regain the courage to peak my eyelids open and see what was going on. Unlocking my phone I struggled to look at my screen, hoping my eyesight would adjust fast. my friends had flooded my messages, I smiled, wondering if they were congratulating me on my stream yesterday. 

I looked at the groupchat, but was unpleasantly surprised by what I came across. 

Felicity: Is nessa awake yet??? 

Noyia: uh no I don't think so 

Serenity: she sleeps in super late lolol shes def still sleeping

Noyia: isnt it like 12:00 tho-

Serenity: LMFAO YES EUEQKUHQ

Felicity: Im just watching greys rn

Noyia: oooh fun

Serenity: guys check twitter rn. 

Noyia: what y?

Serenity: just do it. 

Noyia: YO WTF

Felicity: Wait whats going on I don't have twitter bruh

Serenity: just someone wake up nessa now. 

I paused, very confused to say the least. 

Nessa: im checking twitter rn gimme a sec

instantly all of my friends began to protest my decision, but I went against their advice and went to see why everyone was so worried. 

Opening up my twitter I felt my heart began to pound with worry, usually I would get around 1000 or so notifications but now I was flooded with millions of tweets in my direction. I felt sick to my stomach as I scrolled through all of my mentions, filled with hate and animosity towards me. "What the fuck?" I wondered, reading them over

Hater @ hater1

I can't believe Dream is seriously dating Nessa. Like wtf? She does not deserve him in the slightest. Dream can do better

Hater @ hater2

dude nessa is so annoying like what does dream even see in her. her content isn't even good and shes super unfunny. 

Hater @ hater3

wtf is going on with dream and nessa, dream should be with George and I stand by that. dream isnt even straight he's gay. you're all stupid

I gasped, pulling away from my phone. Thoughts swirled in my head rapidly. Why was everyone saying things like that, I thought it was obvious that Dream and I weren't in a romantic relationship and I had explained that yesterday on stream, and the realization hit me like a bus. Dreams donation...Even though it hadn't been read out loud everyone could still read it in the corner. 

I smashed my head into my palms and began to cry. How could a simple joke spiral this out of control? I continued through the pile of tweets, I decided to dig deeper, hoping to find the light at the end of the tunnel, and luckily there was. My loyal fans eager to stick up for me. 

Fan @ fan1

nessa literally said herself that dream and her are not together, and they just met. you guys are seriously so gullible

Fan @ fan2

Nobody in this fandom can take a joke anymore. Dream was obviously kidding and even if they were together it's none of your business. why is everyone so butthurt? 

Fan @ fan3

Honestly Dream and Nessa r kinda cute together lolol #drenessa ?

I quickly rushed to text Dream about the situation, not knowing if he already knew about the situation yet. 

Nessa: Dream have u checked twitter yet???

Dream: No I was watching football lol why whats going on

Nessa: There's drama going on between us 

Dream: oh shit I'm so sorry. I'm gonna address it now, you don't have to if you don't want to. again I'm really sorry I didn't know that my joke would get out of hand

Nessa: I'll address it too. no worries 

I went to Twitter to write my response, Dream was already incredibly quick to put down the accusations. 

dream @ dreamwastaken

Guys I wanted to address the drama on Twitter this morning between Luminesaa and I. Me and Nessa are not dating, we are just friends. The donation that I made on her stream yesterday was a joke. Even if we were together this amount of hate towards Nessa and me is uncalled for. Please do not attack any of the people who were upset this morning since everything has been cleared up. You are allowed to ship us together since both I and Ness have gone out and said that we were ok with shipping. Anyway thanks to everyone who was civil and supportive, happy holidays to you all.

I was shocked at how well written and mature Dream was about everything going on, considering he had always been such a goofy and laid back guy when we talked, but reading some of his past tweets where he had been in a predicament he handled those in a similar manner

Now it was my turn to form a response, clicking the small blue feather button in the bottom right corner of my phone screen I began to type away. 

Nessa🌸 @ luminesaa

Hey everybody, I wanted to talk about the insane amount of disgusting comments regarding a joke that dream made on my stream last night. We are not dating. We are just friends. I wanted to clear this up so that all of the commotion will stop. Please don't attack anybody who was involved this morning. thanks so much and happy holidays to you all :)

Satisfied with what I wrote I figured it would be a good time to take a break from Twitter. Opening my messages back up I went to tell my friends that I handled the situation so they would no longer have to be distressed for me. 

I logging on to twitch in order to edit and post one of my older VODS when I noticed it. 1 Million followers...

(A/N: Sorry this chapter is such a jumbled mess with all the tweets, messages and jumping back and forth my ADHD was seriously bad while writing this because I didn't take my meds but either way I hope it wasn't too muddled. Might rework it another time. Anyway thanks for reading)

              ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑