Chapter 5: The Banishment Of Ben

~Y/n P.O.V.~

I was outside, standing in sand, a large body of water right in front of me. A couple feet away from me, sat an older woman, she was wearing a sundress and a beach type of hat. The woman was reading a book, sitting on a towel, under an umbrella. She was blonde. She looked very familiar, but I don't know where from.

I felt shorter, very shorter. I looked around, observing the place I was in, and the woman with me, till a very deep bark knocked me out of my thoughts. I turned to my left, seeing a big animal, staring at me. The animal was panting, it's tongue hanging out of it's mouth. It picked up something from the ground before walking towards me.

It was like I had no control at all, my body was moving on it's own. The animal put something down on the sand, right at my feet. I looked downwards, seeing a ball laying there. I bent down, picking the ball before throwing it a little away, the animal barking while running towards the direction I threw it in.

"Y/n dear, come here please." I heard someone call out to me. I turned my head, seeing the blonde woman from earlier, staring right at me, motioning to come over.

For some reason, I obeyed. I walked towards the lady, sitting down right beside her. She instantly wrapped her arm around my shoulders, pulling me into her side. She kissed the top of my head, while I laid my head on her shoulder, her laying hers on my head.

I heard that animal barking again, before it came into my view, laying itself on my lap. Immediately, I started petting the animal, running my fingers through it's hair. I felt a hand go into my hair, and I knew right away it was the woman.

I don't know why I was letting some random woman touch my hair. Or I don't know why I was even listening to her.

I don't even know who she is.

Suddenly, a ringing sound was heard. The woman moved her head off of mine, digging into a bag that sat on the other side of her, before pulling out an object that the ringing was coming from.

"Dr. Ava Paige." She greeted.

Ava Paige?

Why does that name sound so familiar?

And she's a doctor?

She muttered a lot of 'mhms' and nodded a lot. I continued petting the animal that was still on my lap. It was like this for a couple more minutes, until she finally hung up, turning to look at me.

"I'm sorry, sweetie. But, we have to go." She apologized, packing up the things. Once she was done, she grabbed my hand while I grabbed the animals collar around it's neck, motioning for it to follow. It obeyed and walked right beside me, the woman on the other side.

We came up to a vehicle. While the lady was putting stuff in it, I was petting the animal, till I heard a somewhat groaning and screeching noise coming a couple feet away from me. I turned my head, seeing a person standing there, hunched over.

And they were twitching.

A lot.

I slowly walked towards them, "Hello?" My tiny voice asked. "Are you okay?" I questioned again. Okay, now I'm just even more confused. I have no idea who this lady is, or the animal, and it seemed like I wasn't anywhere around the maze. I was short, and my voice sounded young, and higher than it does now.

The person in front of me kept twitching. Just then, they looked up, meeting my e/c eyes. I study the person. Their skin looked really rotten, and veins were all over their body. Their clothes were ripped up.

"Are you alright?" I asked softly again.

All of a sudden, they lunged at me, making me jump away from shock and fear. I ran towards where the woman is, thinking maybe she could protect me, while they chased after me. I continued running, until I heard a gunshot go off.