Chapter 11: Escape

~Y/n P.O.V.~

It getting close to sundown. Two gladers came and grabbed Teresa and Thomas, holding them by their arms, leading them to the doors that were still wide open. I felt two other gladers grab me by my arms, dragging me to the doors.

I pretended to still be unconscious. Soon, I felt the two boys drop me to the ground.

"This is such a waste." I heard Gally mumble.

It was silent, until Winston spoke up, "Gally. It doesn't feel right, man."

"Yeah, what if Y/n and Thomas are right," Jeff agreed, "Maybe they could lead us home."

"We are home. Okay?" Gally disagreed, "I don't wanna have to cross anymore names off that wall."

"You really think banishing us is gonna solve anything?" Thomas said in annoyance.

"No. This isn't a banishing. It's an offering." Gally said.

"What?" Teresa said.

I could hear them pushing Thomas and Teresa onto the poles, tying them up.

"Wait!" Thomas exclaimed.

"Gally! What are you doing?" Teresa questioned.

"You really think, I'm gonna let Thomas, or Y/n, back into the maze after what they've done? Look around you. Look at our glade. This is the only way. And when the grievers get what they came here for, everything goes back to the way it was." Gally yelled out.

"Are you listening to this? Why are you all just standing there? He's crazy!" Teresa told the others.

"You shut up." Gally grumbled.

Teresa ignored him, "If you stay here, the grievers are gonna come back. They're gonna come back, and they're gonna keep coming back until you're all dead!"

"Shut up!" Gally shouted, "Tie her up!" he ordered the two boys near me. I didn't feel them touch me, which means they didn't listen to Gally, "Do you hear me? I said tie her up!" He yelled again.

This time, they grabbed me. Once I was on my knees, I elbowed one of them in the gut, grabbing the spear he had in his hand, before hitting the other one in it. Newt, Minho, Teresa, Thomas and Frypan did some things, while Chuck ran to us with stuff we'll need, before they all joined me at the entrance of the maze.

Gally glanced at Thomas and I, "You're full of surprised, aren't you?" He spoke.

"You don't have to come with us, but we are leaving. Anyone else who wants to come, that is your last chance." I called out.

Gally stopped them right away, "Don't listen to her, she's just trying to scare you."

"No, I'm not trying to scare you, you're already scared. Alright, I'm scared. But, I'd rather risk my life out there then spending the rest of it in here. We don't belong here. Okay, this place, isn't our home. We were put here. Okay, we were trapped here. At least out there, we have a choice. We can make it outta here. I know that." I explained.

No one moved, until Winston did, Gally looking at him. Jeff followed Winston, muttering an 'I'm sorry' to Gally. A couple more boys followed them too. Gally looked around, seeing how many more gladers were left with him before nodding, trying to accept it.

"Gally," Thomas spoke, "It's over. Come with us." He tried convincing the builder.

"Good luck against the grievers." He said.

I nodded a little, accepting it before we all started running into the maze, holding Minho's hand tightly in mine, our finger intertwined together.

We ran through the maze. I was in the front, Minho right beside me, considering we were holding hands still, while Thomas was a little behind me, everyone else behind him, following us.

"This way." I called back.

We started running past section three, I glanced behind me, seeing everyone still here. We continued running, until we were almost right near the blades.

"Keep it up guys, we're almost there."

Once we finally got to the place, I stopped and motioned for everyone to hide behind the wall, while I peaked over, seeing a griever roaming around there.

"Is there a griever?" Chuck asked.

I hid back behind the wall, "Yeah." I whispered.

"Shit." Chuck muttered.

"You take this, Chuck. Stay behind us." Minho handed Chuck the key.

"It's okay. Just stick with me." Teresa assured, putting her hair into a pony tail.

"Once we're through, it'll activate. And the door will open. Alright, we stay close, we stick together. We get through this. We get out, now. Or we die trying." I nodded to everyone.

They nodded back. Minho, who was beside me, whispered in my ear, "You look really hot like this."

I looked at him with blush covering my cheeks. He smiled, making me smile back before turning to everyone else.

"Ready?" I asked, hitting the pole that was in my hands, on the ground.

Minho got out a weapon from his back while everyone else nodded at me, letting me know they were ready.

"Alright," I nodded, "Let's go!" I shouted before running at the griever, everyone else following.

We all let out battle cries while running at the griever, it running towards us as well. Once we met, we started stabbing it with our weapon, trying to push it down the ledge.

"Push it!" Thomas yelled out.

I then stabbed the griever in the eye with my pole, making it screech in pain. Just then, it swung it's tail at us, causing us to duck, but unfortunately it got a boy, throwing him over the ledge. After more pushing the griever with our poles, it finally fell down the edge, screeching while doing so.

We stood there, catching our breaths, until I heard Teresa and Chuck calling us, making us look over and see two griever chasing after them. We started stabbing them with our weapons, while Chuck and Teresa ran past us, the doors opening.

We were walking backwards while the grievers were still after us. We were getting close to the tunnel, stabbing the grievers in the process.

"Y/n!" Teresa shouted, I turned my head, looking at her, "There's a code! Eight numbers!" She informed.

I turned back to the grievers, stabbing them, "Eight sections to the maze." I realized.

"Y/n!" Teresa shouted again.

"Uh," I exclaimed, "Seven! One! Five! Two! Six!" I started.

"Heads up!" I heard Newt shout.

I looked up, seeing a griever coming down. All of a sudden, it landed on me, luckily I had my pole in-between us, making sure it didn't get me.

"Y/n!" Thomas and Minho shouted, fearing for me.

Just then, I saw Jeff stand right above me, attacking the griever, while I crawled backwards. I felt hands grabbed my arms, pulling me up to my feet before pulling me into their chest. I knew right away it was Minho.

I heard Jeff let out a scream of pain, before being taken away. Jeff sacrificed himself for me.

"Jeff!" Winston cried out.

"What's the sequence?!" Chuck shouted.

"Uh, Six!" I continued, "Four! Eight! Three! You got it?" I asked.

"Yeah!" Teresa yelled back.

"Keep holding!" Thomas shouted.

We were all in the tunnel, keeping the grievers back away from us. Suddenly, the doors started closing on the grievers, either trapping them, or killing them. Once griever was about to come towards us, but I threw a spear, hitting it in the eye, making it jump back, and the door close right on it, killing it.

We all smile in relief, until the tunnel of the doors closed, leaving us in the darkness.