Chapter 9: Drama at Dinner

Lyric's POV

"How does my hair look?" I ask Wynter as I finish adjusting my hair into a ponytail. We are getting ready to go out shopping with some of our other girlfriends and I need to look hot. I have a theory that you have to look your best when trying on clothes so you feel the most confident when you are picking out new items.

"I'm not answering that because you already have your mind made up and my opinion won't change your thoughts." She was right, but I still gasped at her comment. She was sprawled out on my bed, already ready to go and just waiting for me to finish. Once again, I analyzed her outfit. A super oversized black Trasher t-shirt, black ripped skinny jeans, cute black boots, and a million accessories. Super edgy but so cute for Wynter. I decided on a short pink dress with little strawberries on it, that I paired with some adorable white sandals.

"You know, you could still be nice and hype me up." I jokingly suggested. She rolled over onto her stomach to give me an annoyed look.

"Girl, if you want someone to wipe your ass, ask Tatum." She was right. The reason why she and I get along so well is probably because Wynter is real. She doesn't sugarcoat things and I always know where I stand with her. I'm always grateful that we grew up on the same street or else we probably wouldn't have been friends.

"Whatever, where are we meeting everyone again?" I touched up on certain parts of my makeup. I wanted to ask Wynter if I looked cakey, but I know she doesn't really care and will tell me I look fine.

"Sebastiana said they are on their way and should be here to pick us up in five minutes," Wynter explained.

"Oh perfect. I am just about done." I put down my powder compact and ruffled up my hair.

"Just so you know, the girls are gonna want all the dirty details." Apart of me feels like I should be annoyed by that, but I secretly don't care. Call me an attention whore, but I enjoy being the center of attention. Is that such a bad thing?

"Ugh, why? It's not that big of a deal." I lied right through my teeth. I mean I've been waiting for this moment since I met Storm and quite frankly I never thought it would come. Besides a couple of hookups, Storm has never dated anyone. So this was kind of a big deal.

"Oh shut up, this is like groundbreaking. Like everyone is talking about it and Jenny already has articles up about him asking you out." I shrugged and grabbed my purse.

"I just don't know what the fuss is. Just because I'm on track to being Storm's first official girlfriend, I don't think we should put so much weight onto that." I headed towards my door and Wynter groaned as she followed me out.

"Lyric, you know damn well you are eating this up." I turned back to face her. She had a raised eyebrow and was crossing her arms.

"I am not!" I protested as I walked down the stairs.

"Hey ladies! Where are you off to?" Mom asked us as she appeared from the kitchen.

"We are going shopping with some friends," I responded.

"Well have fun and stay out of trouble. Oh! I made you guys some muffins if you wanna take them to share." She went back to the kitchen and reappeared with a plate of fresh apple cinnamon muffins.

"Yes, please!" Wynter exclaimed. She handed Wynter the plate and smiled.

"I'm glad someone appreciates my baked goods, Lyric never eats them."

"I'm sorry, no carbs for me. But we gotta go, thanks, mom." I couldn't risk my figure on some silly muffin. It wasn't worth it to me.

"Don't forget we are eating at the Deveraux's tonight, so don't be late." This was a common practice in our families. Every once in a while, we all try to get together at someone's house. This week, it was Brighton's family who was going to host.

Just Another Confusing Love StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara