Chapter 3: Clifford

Wynter's POV

Finally, after like three million pictures later, we are off to school. We all piled into Brighton's big car that we called Clifford because it's a big red SUV. I'm not sure why we call it that because it's actually really stupid, but someone said it one day and it stuck. I don't know why it stuck, but it did. Brighton obviously drove, with AJ in the front seat, Jenkins and I in the middle, and Storm and Lyric in the back. Morning drives to school are pretty chaotic, especially when we decide to stop for coffee or breakfast.

"See we still have twenty minutes until school starts. We still have time to stop for coffee!" Lyric cheered.

"Thank god, maybe Miss preppy pants will quiet the hell down if we get her some espresso." I joked. Lyric gasped in the back seat.

"You are so harsh." Lyric joked back at me.

"Did it sting you? Need some ice?"

"That joke was so far beyond lame." AJ chimed in from the front seat.

"Shut it, bitch." I shot at AJ.

"Woah Woah Woah!" AJ put his arms up all dramatically.

"Oh please." I rolled my eyes and pulled out my phone. I had about like a million texts from the "girls only" group chat. Lyric and I have made friends with some girls outside of our little squad. Sometimes the boys get annoying as hell and it's nice to have some girlfriends. I glazed over the texts and it was nothing but our friend Tatum hoping that Jenkins will finally notice her.

"Wynter? Hello?" Jenkins snapped his fingers in my face and I slapped them away.

"What?" I asked annoyed.

"Who are you talking to?" He questioned me.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize this was an interrogation."

"I just wanted to know, you haven't said anything in like 20 minutes." I knew what that prick was doing. He wanted intel on Tatum. It's honestly quite annoying that they wouldn't just get together already. I don't have the energy for the back and forth BS.

"Look, I know you want Tatum to suck your dick, but trying to get me to help is not gonna happen." I flipped my hair at him.

"Wynter, be nice!" Lyric ordered.

"No." I shooed her away and I heard her sigh from the back seat. I looked down at my phone to see a text from Lyric.

Jenkins has a thing for Tatum, help the poor boy out. She texted me. I audibly groaned as loud as I could at her message.

So what, she could do a lot better. I sent back. She really could, Jenkins is really dumb and Tatum is actually pretty smart. Plus Jenkins has average looks and Tatum is hot as hell. No offense to Jenkins or anything.

They would be cute, stop it! I put down my phone as AJ and Brighton started arguing about something in the front seat.

"I'm just saying, the drama club needs extra funding from the boosters in order to pull off the number of shows we are doing this year. Be More Chill requires you to have a really cool set! Same with Newsies!" AJ complained.

"I already talked to the booster about this, if we give you the extra funds for your sets, then we have to cut a part of the athletic fund," Brighton explained.

"Woah dude, we were promised new uniforms this year." Storm chimed in from the back.

"Don't worry Storm, those shouldn't be getting cut," Brighton assured.