Chapter 14: Heating things up a bit

Lyric's POV

"Storm!" I called out to him. He was standing alone in his Mustang, which I'm honestly surprised even works. He and his dad spent one summer fixing it so that when Storm turned 16, he could drive it around. He became the envy of all the car enthusiasts at our school because of it. As if there wasn't already enough for people to be jealous of. I mean he really does have it all, I'm very lucky, to say the least. He looked super cute in his Steelers cut-off tank top and Adidas track pants. Finished off with a pair of Nike Dunks. Very sporty.

"Hey." He said kinda dryly. He took my hand and guided me next to him at the hood of his car. It felt almost like he was forcing himself to do that, and I told myself not to look into it too much. 

"Hi." He didn't even bother to hold my hand. Nothing. "Umm... I was thinking that maybe we could go to this benefit dinner my mom's friend is throwing. I heard some of the top businessmen in this city are going, including the man who owns the Pittsburgh Steelers!" His eyes widened and he suddenly became much more invested.

"No way! Arthur Rooney is gonna be there?" It was so funny to see him fangirling over the Steelers owner. Super cute.

"Apparently! I had an amazing idea for us to wear matching outfits. With red being your signature color and mine being pink, we could find a perfect blend of the two."

"Whatever can help me make the best impression on Arthur Rooney. Do you think I'll have an opportunity to get to talk to him?"

"Maybe, but what do you have that's like red? Or maybe we could forgo our usual colors and find something else to wear!" I could imagine Storm looking so cute in French blue or maybe even a mauve.

"Yeah totally, so do you think I could like maybe convince him to come out to one of our

games?" I gave him a clueless look, "Yeah that's definitely a long shot, I just always had a dream of playing for the Steelers and this is like crazy." Does Storm even care? I dismissed that thought, he's probably just excited about the Steelers' owner, whoever he is.

"I dunno, you will just have to ask him when you see him for yourself." Storm basically started squealing like a teenage girl. "Seriously though, my house later for outfits." He nodded his head in agreement and kissed me on the cheek which didn't feel so forced. Okay, all is good I think.

"You got it, I have to bounce. Jenkins and I are going to meet with the guys for dinner."

He smiled at me as he loaded himself into his car.

"Have a good time, I'll text you!" I waved as he pulled out of the parking lot.

"You ready to go?" I turned around to see Wynter and AJ walking up to me.

"Where's the boy toy?" I asked as I fixed my hair. I wondered if I should bring up Storm to Wynter and AJ. I decided against it as I'm totally just overthinking Storm's behavior. He's probably just not super into PDA.

"Not sure who you are referring to, but considering yours just peeled out of the parking

lot and Brighton is not my boyfriend, don't know." Wynter shrugged.

"We all know she was talking about me prissy pants." AJ shooed Wynter and she rolled her eyes at him. "Collin's parents needed him home for something."

"Well, I guess it's just us then. Wynter, are you driving?" I really didn't want to have to

drive, not really a fan of it. Which makes me sometimes feel bad that I begged my parents for a pink Jeep that I never use. Even though it's so cute and my mom loves using it for photo shoots. It's interesting how everyone's cars match their personality in some way. Storm has his vintage black Mustang, I have my pink Jeep, Brighton with his red SUV, Wynter has her beat-up pickup truck, AJ has his Prius that he also never uses, and Jenkins with his obnoxious Range Rover. Jenkins actually crashed his first car which was a Porsche, but his parents bought him a Range Rover because they thought it was cheaper. Which makes me so concerned for them as a family, but whatever.
"Did you hear about the recent scholarship drama?" AJ said trying to stir the pot.