Cheer Team tryouts

Author's note
Hey, just wanted to say that none of the artwork above is mine, I will be using the internet to fine my pictures. Also pls excuse and spelling mistakes coz I'm literally writing this at 4 in the morning. Also I know nothing about cheerleading so pls don't come at me. Anyways hope you enjoy :)

Katie's pov

Today was my first day at my new school, Voltron high. Me and Matt were going together because we were in the same year as I skipped 2 grades. I put on my clothes and rushed downstairs to grab something to eat before heading out the house. Matt was already in the car there, waiting for me.
"Sorry, I got up late", I said; apologising to Matt.

Matt drove us to school and I saw a tall dude with black hair and a tuft of white hair at the front, waiting in the car park. Matt parked up next to him and we got out the car.
"Shiro!" Exclaimed Matt, pulling him into a hug.
"Hey Matt", said Shiro, returning the hug.
"Oh, this is my sister, Katie", said Matt, gesturing towards me.
"Hi", I said politely, waving my hand at Shiro.
"Hi Katie", he replied, smiling at me. "The others should be here soon".
Others? Wait, Matt had more friends? Wow, he's more popular than I thought.
Shiro pulled out his phone and it looked like he was texting someone. A few minuets later, a tall, skinny boy with a tanned skin and brown hair and a wide, dark skinned boy with and orange band around his head, walked towards us.
"Hi, I'm Lance, and this is my buddy, Hunk", the tall boy said, introducing himself." And you must be Matt", he said, looking at my brother.
"Hey I'm Hunk," The dark skinned boy said, holding his hand out for me to shake.
"I'm Katie", I said whilst shaking his hand.

We all got to know each other and talked about school for a while until we heard a motorbike roar and I saw someone riding a motorcycle into the school carpark. Cool, I thought. I watched as a tall, pale boy with a black mullet and a red jacket walked up to us.
"Hey Keith, you finally made it", I heard Shiro say to the boy with the mullet. This must have been who he was texting.
"Hi, I'm Matt, and this is my younger sister Katie".
"Hey", I said confidently.
"I'm Keith", He replied. I took a good look at his face and saw that he had deep, purple eyes that had mini galaxies in them. He was also really hot.
"Keith is 18 so he is in the same class as us all", said Shiro. I saw that Keith had a confused look on his face and I'm guessing he couldn't believe that I was in the same year as him so I laughed and said " yes, I'm in the same year as you, I skipped 2 years".
"2 years!" He exclaimed.
"Yes, my little pidge is very clever", chuckled Matt as he ruffled my hair.
"Hey! I told you to stop calling me that!" I pouted.

Just the the bell rang so we all made our way inside to our first lesson. We all had English and Shiro and Matt sat together, Lance and Hunk sat together. That only left 1 seat. The one next to Keith . So I walked over to Keith and said "I guess I'm sitting here then"

The teacher came in and took the register. "Ah, we have 2 new students. Matt and Katie". Come stand at the front and introduce yourselves, don't be shy", he said, in a cheery voice.
"Umm hi I'm Matt and I'm 18 years old and we just moved here from Italy", my brother said and then sat back down.
"Hi I'm Katie and I'm 15 years old and I love cheerleading", I said
"Fifteen!"
"That's so young"
"What's a 15 year old song here then?"
The whole class began to whisper about me and a frown started to form on my face.
"She's 15, so?" I heard someone say. I looked over in the direction int the voice and I saw it was Keith who said that. "She really talented and smarter that literally everyone in this class and I think that's really cool"
Everyone stopped whispering and stared at me with amazement. I smiled again and looked at Keith with gratefulness.
"Yes, miss Holt is incredibly smart and I think you could all learn a thing or two from her", The teacher said, beaming at the me. I sat down next to Keith again and thanked him.

Time skip

Omg. I just finished talking to Allura and Romelle and they said I could try out for the school cheer team! I was so excited that I ran back to my friends and told them the exciting news.
"That's great Katie, see? Your already fitting in", said Matt, smiling at me.
"That s great news because the cheer team needs some serious help", snorted Lance.
Hmmm. I wonder what's wrong with the cheer team?

Time skip to lunch

It's finally lunch time!!! Im so excited! "I'll catch you guys later", I said as I went with Allura and Romelle to the changing room. They helped my find a crop top and skirt that fit and left the room so I could change. The material was nice and soft and stretchy. The cheer uniform was black and green and I put it on and me and the girl me went to the sports hall.

"Alright ladies! Start stretching" I heard the cheerleading coach say.
"Hi I'm Miss Ezor, your cheerleading coach, IF you make the team" she said to me, emphasising the if. We joined the other girls and began our stretching. 5 minutes later, coach blew the whistle and we got into formation. We all had one go to show off a skill used in cheerleading and I chose an easy yet effective pose that showed off my flexibility. An over split jump. I got a small applaud when I landed. I smiled at myself when I saw the coach looking impressed. The rest of the tryouts we just tried different moves, formations and cheers.

"Alright ladies, good work today. Coach Axca said. " the cheer team list will be put up tomorrow to see who got into the team". I couldn't wait. I was sure I would get in, as I had experience and was one of the best at the tryouts. The tryouts were over so me, Allura and Romelle went not eat something before our next lesson. " You were so good Katie!" Romelle said, with an impressed face.
"Yeah, your one of the best cheerleaders I've ever seen", said Allura.
"Aww, thanks guys" I said and we sat down together at a bench. We all just had salad and smoothies for lunch and they were delicious. We all had art next and I love art so I was thrilled to find out we were doing self portraits. We took pictures of ourselves and used them to draw. Mine turned out pretty good and the teacher was really impressed.

The bell rang and it was finally time to go home. I said my goodbyes to everyone and walked to Matts car. I waited for Matt and he came with Shiro and Keith.
"Bye guys" said Matt.
"Bye Matt" said Shiro and Keith.
"Bye" I said.
"Bye Katie." Said shiro
"Bye Katie, see you tomorrow" said Keith, winking at me. Omg! Keith winked at me. I blushed and quickly got into the car before he could see. We then drove home and Matt said "That was a really good first day".
"Yeah", I said dreamily. I was thinking about Keith.