Ch. 2

Dr.Allen has many highlighters, checkerboard and a clear jar of colourful candies on her desk. None of the color blue, Charlotte wonder if that was on purpose.

It's childish here. Reminds Charlotte of better times. There's soft toys all over the floor and pastel rugs. At nineteen she shouldn't still be here but she likes Dr.Allen and refused to go to another one. Change is never good to Charlotte. Dr.Allen would disagree, but she also allows Charlotte to stay. Not ready to leave her just yet.

Evan doesn't like dropping Charlotte there, but she rather he take her then Grandmother Walken who after Evan's shouts refused to leave her prayer closet.

Evan sips on his Dr.pepper as he drives down the dirt road. The red dirt now a bloody mud. Reminds Charlotte of her nightmares. She looks away from the car window. Her eyes focus on evans trash below her feet. Leftover fast food bags, and crumbled up newspapers. She reads title of an article and scoffs.

'Mothman moving to a new lamppost?'

Evan had a thing for make believe. He always had this childish obsession over ghost and ghouls. Though twenty-three, he still goes venturing into the woods to find said creatures with a few friends. Usually filming his idiotic experiences.

He's even found success in it, after one of his videos about big foot became viral.

"So, Dr.Allen still kicking?" He ask with distaste, Charlotte looks over at him. Evan is everything charlotte remembers their mother to be.

"Why don't you like her. She tried hard with you." Charlotte asked, fiddling with the radio. It played some earworm pop song. Evan bops his head to the song though he doesn't really like with she fiddles but likes when she rebels. Makes him proud in the way older brothers usually do.

Evan once went to Dr.Allen, when they were younger and brought to Grandmother Walken. He sputters slightly, before pushing his sunglasses on.

"Well let's hope she does better with you then me."

"I could go to Dr.Sancho." Charlotte says quietly causing Evan to snort.

"Oh so you tell jokes now."

"I use to."

"I know. I'm glad." Evan laughs patting her leg with his hand when he parks the car. The two siblings sit as a soda commercial plays.

"You know the next College semester starts in a month or two...I think you should-" Evan is stopped by the door shutting and Charlotte running into the building. Evan sighs, turning up the radio once again meeting the brick wall.