Chapter 2

[Scott's POV]

"So, how are you?"

"..."

"Ya' know, you can't stay silent like that the whole time." I sigh. He was awfully silent the whole night. He just kept staring at the window with a dazed expression. Right now I was driving my way to my house. My house is crap, but it was all I had, and luckily enough to fit for two. I even had a guest room, despite the fact I haven't cleaned it in awhile. I guess I'll just sleep on the couch and I'll let him sleep on my bed until I clean the forsaken guest room. I wasn't really sure for Vincent, though. I did tell him that we would go to my house, but what about him? Where does he even live? Can I even trust him? My thoughts were put to an end as I stopped to a red light and slumped on my seat.

I had to be honest, ever since the little 'incident' with the children (like it's even an incident at all), I felt more awkward and fidgety with him, nervous even. He was a murderer, for Pete's sake; How the hell am I supposed to be not nervous around him?

I took a deep breath and waited for the red light to turn green. Meanwhile, I stare at him. Nothing much, really. Just plain staring at him. He had a very noticeable appearance, like for example he had swarthy skin and had very masculine features, but was a bit skinny in my opinion, like he hasn't ate in awhile. He had bright purple hair that stuck out like a sore thumb. His eyes, too, was a deep purple color that was currently dull and empty, and a bit off. It could take an idiot to find out why, but right now, I didn't care.

I was too buried in staring at him until I heard a voice.

"I'm sorry." I heard a faint, yet deep, voice say. My eyes widened as I glanced at Vincent, who was now looking at me. Did he notice I was staring at him? Although it was dark in my car (it was night after all), I was still able to see him. I had very good vision since I'm used to working at night shifts at the pizzeria

"Pardon?" I reply.

[Vincent's POV]

The trip at the car seemed awfully silent. I kept looking at the window with my arms crossed awkwardly the whole time. The air felt so thick you could cut it with a knife. He did actually try to start a conversation with me, I just didn't know how to reply well; my mind was hazy and enveloped in former memories. I always wondered how it would be like, having the world behind me, with the sense of peacefulness and a stable frame of mind...

If reality didn't leer from behind with its horrid lies.

I smiled slightly as I felt the car stop. I looked from the window slightly and saw the red stop light. I sighed mentally and kept looking outside the window.

'Why', a faint voice whispered in my mind. I jumped slightly, but I doubt Scott noticed. I raised an eyebrow, wondering where the hell that voice came from. I shrugged and kept glancing out the car window, into the dark abyss of the city.

Without moving my face, I glanced from my back. It was vague, but I could spot Scott staring at me with his deep eyes. He had a concerned look, which made me stiffen. He wouldn't be concerned for me... Right?

"I'm sorry." I whisper involuntarily. My eyes widened slightly, as I mentally slapped myself. Stupid, stupid, stupid!, I think to myself in embarrassment.

"Pardon?" I hear him reply. Oh god.

I glance done to the floor awkwardly. "Um..." I murmur. God why am I an idiot.

"O-Oh, OK then." He murmurs back at me. Great job, Vincent, you made him feel uncomfortable.

The whole car trip was silent, not one of us saying a word. I was too engulfed in the silence I was barely able to breathe properly. It was a long car trip, but we finally made it to his house. We got out and walked towards his house. I was finally able to relax myself and breath; I'm a bit claustrophobic, especially with the awkward silence leering. But now, I'm outside.

I'm OK.

That is,

If I didn't trip on some stupid rock.