Chapter 3 (part 2)

[Scott's POV]

"Sure, I'll go with you."

It was almost as if time stopped abruptly when Scott heard him say those words.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I don't have anything better to do." Vincent said, his lips tugging into another smile.

"G-Great! So you want tonight! We can do anything you want to do!" I stuttered. I freaking stuttered. Vincent smiled and laughed lightly as I felt embarrassment, yet let out a soft smile. It was... Nice hearing him laugh when he doesn't sound like a total maniac.

"Tonight sounds good. What do you wanna do?" He asked.

"I dunno. You wanna grab a milkshake and some cookies?"I said casually, yet cautiously. I'm still nervous around him but the fact that he's a maniacal murderer of five innocent kids in a local pizzeria seemed to completely sweep off my mind as I focused more on not trying to make a complete fool of myself.

"Sure! Then we still have time to head to the restaurant." He said, as if he completely forgot what happened earlier.

"... Are you sure you're okay?" I said as all the trances of nervousness dissipated my mind as it was replaced with worry. I didn't want to screw this up with Vincent. As much as possible, I want Vincent to be safe and sound and in a normal safe environment that doesn't trigger anything that would make him go haywire. Not again.

Once I said those words, his genuine smile and expression was replaced with slight confusion and worry. "Yeah... Of course I'm okay." He answered, putting up a smile that almost seemed fake. I smiled back, half-genuinely and half fake. I didn't want him to go. Thoughts spilled my mind and I zoomed out, ignoring Vincent and almost everything around me. It felt like going through an endless tunnel of doubt and anxiety.

[Vincent's POV]

Did I... Say something wrong?

As Scott continued to stare through the void, I stopped momentarily to think what went wrong. He didn't seem at all disappointed when I said yes; It almost seemed like he was flattered by the acceptance... And flushed. Almost embarrassed, really. He didn't really overreact until I reminded him of the pizzeria-

Oh.

Well at least I know.

I flushed lightly. It was cute to see he was still concerned with my well-being, to be honest. I guess since he's that paranoid, I'll let it go for now. I still needed to get my stuff from my apartment anyways.

"Hey Scott? We don't need to go to the pizzeria to work if you don't want," I said, "but I still need to get my stuff. My glasses are in there."

As soon as I said that, trances of worry and concern dissipated from his face and I saw his sweet genuine smile again.

"Oh, but I'm not sure Boss is going to like that..." Scott trailed off. I can't believe I forgot about Boss.

"We can always sneak in," I suggested, "I don't this he would be outside during the day unless there was something he needed to attend to."

[A/N: Badda bing Badda boom. Surprise I'm not going to finish chapter 3 haha. I practically forced myself to do this and I only proofreaded this chapter once. It's not Valentines day anymore anyways so I lost all hope. I am SO SORRY I DIDNT UPDATE. SCHOOL. NO INSPIRATION. GOOD THING IS ITS OVER FOR ME NOW YAAY For now, if you have any ideas, feel free to comment or PM me. No, I am not taking lemon, cause I don't roll like that.]