Chapter 1

A/N: I forgot to mention this is from an AU where Vincent regrets killing the children. Enjoy!

______

[Vincent's POV]

I couldn't save myself.

I couldn't stop myself.

I couldn't help myself.

I never wanted this.

What have I done?

"P-Put the phone down, Scott." I shakily commanded, my eyes focused on the phone held by his hand. My breathing was shaky and ragged. My body was shaking and I could only stare at him with tearful eyes.

Scott, however, had a calm, yet slightly alerted, face. Somehow I could sense that he was trying to calm me down.

"Vincent..." He held out his hands to me, trying to reach out and calm me down. "Please..."

"PUT THE GODDAMN PHONE DOWN." I cut him off with a louder tone. I immediately regretted saying those words as I saw his even more scared and shaking form. I bit my tongue as he took a deep breath before talking.

"Relax, I won't call the cops." He stated calmly and slowly puts the phone down. I relax a bit and my arms are out to rest. I continued staring at him, more tears enveloping in my eyes.

A momentary silence ensues; though it was short the air was so thick, I felt like choking right now. And I'm sure that he felt the same way.

He continued staring at me with stern, yet gentle, eyes. "I just want to ask you one question."

I felt myself break as tears began flowing out. "You can't." I whispered and bowed my head down slightly.

He gives off a confused face. "Pardon?"

"Y-You... C-Can't." I whisper once more whilst lifting up my head a bit and staring at him with tearful eyes. "You... CAN'T." I claw at him before shaking violently as I hold my head in fear of snapping completely. Instead tears continue to roll down my cheeks and silently dropping down to the algid, cement floor.

"Please..." He said soothingly, trying to calm me. "You don't need to answer me now, in fact," He paused. "I'll take you to my place. How's that sound?"

[Scott's POV]

I continued calming him down, slowly taking little baby steps towards him. I continue staring at him, trying to remain calm.

"Please, I won't try to hurt you..." I said soothingly with open arms. I reach out to touch him, but he backs away, and - although it was dim - I could see his teary face perfectly. His cluttered mess of hair aligned imperfectly through his forehead, and he had his hair in his usual ponytail, though it was slightly loose considering all that violent shaking and hair ripping. I could notice some blood stains on his uniform, but I didn't try to look at it directly let alone let him know I was looking at it.

He sniffed and smiled slightly. "A-Are you sure y-you won't do anything?" He asks.

I smile back, "Of course."

I slowly reach for his back and rubbed circles, which calmed him down quite easily. It went on for quite a while, and it actually started to get awkward.

"So", I start. "How long have you been working here?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Quite a while, if I do say so myself." He answers and looks at me. "To be honest, I don't really remember."

I nodded and smiled.

Maybe this could work out after all.