Prologue

Tiny flecks of bubbles shot past Celadon's wings as she glided along the current. Her wings were sore from being bound in the SkyWing prisons, but after an escape scene with the Dragonets, she was heading home. Celadon flexed her talons to feel the cold salt water and broken pieces of coral, and she glanced over her shoulder to see a group of turtles catching a nearby current. I'm home. 

She may have been home, but she was not done with her mission.

She quickened her pace, her teal blue scales shimmering in the broken blue moonlight from the surface. If she remembered right, the current should-

Now!

The current suddenly veered downwards, sending Celadon swiftly down into the dark side of the ocean. She nodded to herself and broke off from the current, looking for any signs of glowing, and after about a half hour of swimming, she caught the sight of two lines of jellyfish. This was undoubtedly the SeaWing palace.

Quickening her pace, Celadon shot forward and into the palace. The other SeaWings shared glances of relief. Two dragons in particular swam up to her, the other paddling forward and flashing his scales in excitement. 

"Mako?" Celadon flashed, a soft teal light filling the space.

"Little sis?" Mako's light-up scales flickered happily. Without a second word, Mako pulled Celadon into a hug.

Breaking away from the hug, Celadon glanced at the younger dragon. "Who's that?"

"Oh!" Mako lifted up the younger dragon, who rebelliously struggled in her grip. "This is my son, Cobalt."

"Put me down!" Cobalt, who looked around 5, flashed. "I am not a baby anymore! How can you even still lift me?"

"Your egg hatched?" Celadon's scales gasped. "Mako, that's amazing!" 

"I'm not the only one who had a dragonet," Mako smiled. "Shark had his second daughter. He named her Opal." 

"A new princess?" Celadon straightened. "Mako, that's news!" 

"Speaking of," Mako reminded. "You should be reporting your mission to Queen Coral." 

Celadon nodded and continued towards the throne room. Two guards stood near the entrance, and once they saw her, they held their narwhal horn spears in front of the door. The first guard squinted. "State your business." 

"I have something to report," Celadon explained. "From my mission." 

The guard snorted and nodded to the other. They lifted their spears and kicked open the doors, which were indented with and intricate patterns of sea creatures. Celadon swam inside and spread her wings, dipping her head in the best bow she could do underwater. "Your Majesty, I've completed my spy mission." 

"And got caught," Coral snapped. "No spies get caught by lousy MudWings." 

"But that's the thing," Celadon explained. "These MudWings were different. Four were going to kill me, but the other saved my life." 

"Then consider yourself lucky," Coral flicked her tail, spreading her wings. "Unless you have other information, I am demoting you. However, you are welcome to take the classes again."

"Your Majesty, please!" Celadon pleaded. "This is my life!"

"Then get yourself a new life," Coral eyed the former spy down. "But I still expect a report." 

"The SkyWings are in turmoil," Celadon confirmed. "This could be the chance to get your husband back!" 

Coral's eye lit up and she smiled warmly, the first time since King Gill was captured. Coral folded her wings and beamed. "Thank you for the report. Now, about the MudWings..."