Chapter Two

Landslide's ears were ringing and she felt dizzy, but regardless she opened her eyes. It was warmer in here, and she seemed to be in a firelit tent, tangerine light glossing the walls. Her vision focused and...

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH-" Landslide shrieked, jumping up on her pained legs. She lashed her tail, glaring at the dragon in front of her. She was a peaceful sea green with dark ocean blue and mint green, with glowworms and swirls of white dancing around her body. She flashed the swirls in surprise, blue eyes round with alarm.

"Woah-" The SeaWing gasped, noticeably smaller than the bulky MudWing. "It's alright big... fellow? I'm a friend."

"I have a name!" Landslide roared. "And SeaWings can NEVER be my friend."

"Yes, they can!" She waved her wings. "That's the point of this organization, Landslide."

"How do you know my name?.." She asked skeptically, wings slowly unfurling. But that wasn't her only question. Where was she?

"I'm Celadon," the SeaWing spoke. "Queen Blister is friends with this group, and I was given a special pardon by the queen to work here. Her Majesty requests an audience with you."

Landslide tilted her head. "Won't Blister just kill me?"

Celadon flared her wings in surprise. "Moons, no! You see, your tribe was once allied with her! Then you were framed and left the alliance."

"But I won't betray Queen Burn!" she hissed.

"Oh? But wouldn't it be nice to finally be rid of her?"

A chilling voice sounded. The voice! A skinny, menacing SandWing stepped from the shadows, firelight dancing on her scales. She turned her head, revealing a black diamond pattern down her neck. Her black eyes seemed to pierce through Celadon. "Thank you for helping her, you are excused."

Celadon bowed and swept out of the tent. Landslide was left helpless against the most intelligent dragon in Pyrrhia.

"I heard about your little fight with your sister yesterday," Blister started. "In fact, I was there. The dragonets chose me, and for me to win, I need the MudWings back on my side."

"How do I trust you?" Landslide shot. "How can I believe anything you say if you're known for being as manipulative as a mamba."

"Let's just say I'm in touch with the one who told the prophecy."

"What?!" Landslide felt as if a mountain had crashed on top of her. No dragon had even seen Morrowseer, except...

"This isn't just any old organization," Landslide realized. "This is the Talons Of Peace."

"Intelligent," she twirled a leaf through her claws. "As I gathered."

"So that's a yes," Lanslide concluded.

Blister nodded. "This is the temporary camp of the Talons Of Peace. We move every month or so."

"Aha..." Landslide nodded. "So you want me to ally with you. You do realize just how many problems this would cause. Sure, the MudWings may side with you, but that would cause Burn to target your side. And if they didn't, I'll be flagged as a traitor and your side would still be hunted down. Also, for the record, I don't really trust you."

Blister shook her head. "They don't have to know. We could disguise you as a SeaWing when there are enemies nearby, and let me just ask, why exactly don't you trust me?"

"You have a reputation for manipulation and cold-hearted actions. This could be a strategy to lure me or Burn's side in to slaughter them. I'm a pawn."

"You can't always belive propaganda," she spoke. "Besides, I only have intentions of killing Burn, not her allies. They simply get in the way, but that's war. Dragons will die. That's inevitable. But we can't go trying to avoid death in a bloodstained world, because it simply won't work and will just get us killed. Don't you think it's worth it to bring Pyrrhia to peace?"

Peace... or pieces? Landslide hesitated. She shook her head. "Why do you want us back anyway? We apparently killed Commander Tempest. Why do you want traitors on your side?"

"Because I have disproven that theory," Blister tossed a spear towards her, careful only to touch it with her claws. Landslide caught it between two claws and examined it. It had a dull silver sheen and had a point like a dragon's fang with dried bloodstains. The handle was a spine-chilling black with an obsidian piece in the middle. "Go on. Solve the mystery. Who killed Tempest."

Landslide snorted. "Easy, but from now on, address your allies with respect and refer to them by their titles rather than just their names." She scooped a talonful of dust and threw it against the spear. She lifted it and shook it, where it revealed a more rough patterned talon print. "This talonprint could belong to one of three tribes: SandWings, IceWings, NightWings, because they don't have the other more uniform talonprints. An IceWing could only be met in battle, a NightWing is stealthy, and SandWings are on every side. Now, according to our MudWing history scrolls, Tempest was killed by a MudWing spear after a day of planning, which was attended by SandWings and SeaWings. However, the SandWings were flying toward the Sand Kindom, west, and Tempest was killed near the Summer Palace. As the SandWings left, every dragon was counted, and no one was missing. Correct?"

Blister nodded.

"Well," Landslide continued. "Before breaking from the alliance, General Marsh reported a black dragon flying away from the body. RainWings don't have the rougher talonprints, but NightWings do. It had to be a NightWing."

Blister sat back and clapped her talons in applause. "Brilliant. And proving how it couldn't be any other tribe. This is why I need you. You could bring the alliance back together. You could prove yourself to your sister!"

Landslide swished her tail, staring at her claws. If I join, we could go back to our normal alliance. Without MudWings, Queen Burn wouldn't be as strong, but SkyWings are a force to be reckoned with.

All we need to do is get rid of Burn. Then Blaze. Then all will be peaceful.

I just hope the Dragonets get there before I do.

Landslide lifted her gaze to meet Blister's. "Okay. I'll join your side."