Chapter 5: Finding Ashlynn

Words count: 2663

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

(Time skip/Exterior, Flora's castle, day.)

Jonathan was eating an apple as Leonardo showed a page of a mouse from a book. "It's a mouse." He said with a mouth full. "The Great Animal." Leonardo said. Jonathan chuckles. "A tad small, wouldn't you say?" He asked. "Yeah? Until it changes into this. An animal that can change its shape. A harmless creature approaches... Then suddenly, it's too late." The prince said as he showed his best friend another picture of a dragon. "You mean... You mean it could be anything?" Jonathan asked as the fly was buzzing around him. He let out a panic yelp while flinging his arms to shoo the fly away from him and the apple. "Anything." He said.

(Time skip/Exterior, Swan Lake, day.) 

Jean-Michael was riding on the back of Dash's shell who is swimming next to Ashlynn who is still in her swan form. "Ashlynn, I apologize for the way I've been acting." He said. "It's all right, Jean-Michael." Ashlynn said. "No, no. This Leonardo is very important to you. And all I can do is think of myself." He said. "Everyone does that." She said. "Please Ashlynn, don't make this any more difficult than it already is. Accept my apology, please." He said. "Okay, I accept." She said. "Good. Now we can kiss and make-up." Jean-Michael said as he made kissing noises. 

"Jean-Michael!" Ashlynn, Skyla and Dash said at the same time. "What? What did I say? What? What?" He asked. Puffin stood on the pedestal. "Ten hut! It is zero hour, troops. Ashlynn, prepare for take-off." He said. Dash and Skyla lift their paws up as they salute to Puffin and Ashlynn look up at Puffin. "Right." Ashlynn said. "The rest of you have your assignments. Is everyone ready?" He asked. "Ready for action, sir." Dash said. "Yes, sir." Skyla said. "How about you, Jean-Michael? Jean-Michael? Highness?" He asked. 

Jean-Michael was ignoring him until he heard the word 'highness' and then he turned around to face Puffin. "Oui! I am ready." He said. "Take-off!" Puffin said. "Good luck!" Skyla said. "Have a nice flight!" Dash said. 

Both Dash and Skyla turn around in the water to face their fast flying friends. "Remember! If anything happens to her, I'll have you whipped, flogged, put on the rack and then have your back legs fried in butter!" Jean-Michael said as he kept jumping on Dash's shell.

(Time skip/Exterior, forest, day.)

The young prince and his childhood best friend dismounted their horses as they continue their search on foot. "He's in here, Jon. I can feel it." Leonardo said as he held the bow and arrow in his hands. The two childhood best friends were walking through the forest trying to find the Great Animal and Ashlynn. "How will you know the Great Animal when you see it?" Jonathan asked. 

Leonardo look around the forest to see if he can hear or spotted anything. "I'll know. Better stay close." He said. Jonathan laughs nervously as he got stay close to Leonardo. "If you say so." He said as he went on the other path that separated him from Leonardo. "Leonardo? Leonardo, where are you?" He asked as his voice is panicky. "Shh, shh." The prince said. "Oh, sorry." Jonathan said. Leonardo rolled his eyes.

Jonathan was separated from Leonardo once again. He hid behind the tree until he came out and saw the dragonfly. "L-l-l-l-eonardo. Leonardo? Oh-oh-oh-oh!" He said as he tried to get the dragonfly with the arrow. But the dragonfly was a bit too fast for him. "Derek!" He said as he fired his arrow towards the dragonfly but missed and it hit the branch, sending the arrow towards the sky.

(Time skip/Exterior, skyline)

Ashlynn in her swan form and Puffin were flying in the air. "We better keep an eye out for hunters." She said. Puffin chuckles. "At ease, Ashlynn. I can smell a human a mile away." He said as he look around. Everything was fine until the arrow came out of nowhere. Puffin shrieks.