Chapter Eight | New Years Kiss

(Thomas' POV)

I got ready for the New Years party that was Masquerade themed. I put on my mask and buttoned up my shirt, "Nikolai!" Natalia said, "I don't want you anywhere near that girl."

I ignored her and put on my jacket, I left the apartment. I don't really care, if Tara is at the party I'm going to talk to her.

I drove to the park and parked my car in the parking lot. I walked the rest way there, I see Lucy alone, wearing..

 I walked the rest way there, I see Lucy alone, wearing

"Hey Lucy!" I said, "Where's Tara?"

"She's getting ready right now." She said, I nodded and walked past her, going straight to the house. I walked up the stairs until the door opened before I could open it.

There stood Tara, in a tight dress.. Looking stunning as always..

 Looking stunning as always

"Oh, hi Thomas." She said. I froze up, my heart started to pound fast.

"Wow." I whispered under my breath, she raised a brow but then smiled, she heard me! I panicked inside.

"Ha.. Thank you Thomas, you look amazing." She said, I blushed more.

"Thanks." I said, it was silent for a second until I lifted my arm up, "Mind if I walk with you?" I asked.

Tara smiled and linked arms with me, "Of course." She said. My smile widen even more. We began walking to the party.

"You alright? I haven't seen you since.." I asked, stuttering a little.

Her mood changed a little bit, making me regret asking, "I've been okay. I just... Hope it doesn't happen again.." She said, mumbling the last part.

I frowned and was about to say something until we got to the party. Tara and I put on our masquerade masks.

We walked in, seeing a bunch of people talking, dancing and drinking. We walked over to Lucy, Benson, and Skips.

"Tara! How you feeling?" Skips asked. Tara smiled.

"I'm feeling good, thank you." She said and looked around, "Any alcohol?"

Lucy laughed and hand Tara a glass of liquor. Tara smiled took a sip, unlinking arms with me. Lucy then wrapped an arm over Tara's shoulders.

"See any cute boys to kiss, maybe hook up with?" Lucy asked, they looked around. They both gasped seeing a group of boys, "Found em!"

Tara quickly drank her drink and set the glass down on a table, walking over to the group with Lucy.

I frowned, until I felt a jand on my shoulder, "You like Tamara, huh." Skips said, I looked up at him and looked back at Tara.

"Maybe." I said, watching her dance with some guy.

"Maybe try to get her to dance with her, and who knows? You might get your New Years Kiss." Benson said, winking. I blushed madly.

(Tara's POV)

"Tara?" I stopped dancing with the guy.. One of the guys seemed fimular honestly. Anyways, I turned around, seeing Thomas.

"Hey Thomas." I said, Thomas began tremble a little. I laughed and was about to say something until someone grabbed my wrist.

I noticed it was the guy that looked fimular, "Hey Tamara." He said, I recognized that voice! It was Spencer behind the mask. I pulled away from him, backing up into Thomas, "Hey, baby, I'm sorry, it was wrong for me--"

"You're sorry!? That you cheated on me?! Abused me?! Raped me?! And you think I'm going to forgive and take you back!?" I said, Thomas wrapped his arms around me and back up a little.

"Fine, whore! I was gonna treat you nicely! And give you a fun time! Maybe a husband, or kids! The happy end you wanted! But you know what! You are a worthless bitch, you belong in the streets!"

The whole room was quiet and the music stopped. Tara froze but she growled, clenching her teeth. She pulled away from me and kicked Spencer in the junk. He groaned and fell on his knees.

Tara ran passed everyone and out the building, tears falling out of her eyes. Lucy and I glared at Spencer, I growled and punched the guy. My Russian training began to show.

I kicked the guy in the face and walked off. I walked outside. Trying to find Tara, I see her sitting on a bench, her face in her hands.

I walked up to her, taking my jacket, throwing it over her shoulders, I bent her in front of her.

"Tamara.." I said, she looked up at me, her eyes red, her makeup running down her cheeks with tears. My heart broke at the sight for the American.

She didn't say anything, she just looked down at her hands in her lap. I frowned and pulled her in for a warm and comforting hug.

She hugged back, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Everything is okay?" I said, "I took cared of him."

Tara pulled away, "What?" She asked, I laughed and stood up, I took her hand.

"Nothing. Come on, lets just go and watch a movie, this party is a little lame."

Tara and I laughed until we hear everyone counting down and screaming happy new years. Tara smiled up at me.

"Happy New Years, Thomas." She said, I smiled.

"Happy New Years." I said, we stood st here awkwardly. I see she move up close to me on her tiptoes, kissing my cheek.

I smiled, and cupped her face, kissing her lips gently. She frozed up but kissed back. It felt like sparks were going off, I must be dreaming! Her lips were soft and felt good.

We pulled away, Tara and I blushed ever more, "Ha.. Lets go watch a movie." I said. Tara laughed and agreed. We started walking back to the house, her still wearing my jacket.

When we got there, she went a got dressed into something comfortable cleaned up her makeup, and we watch a movie in the livingroom, eating popcorn and drink coke. My heart was still pounding, I can't believe I kissed her..

((My drawing of Thomas and Tara, DO NOT STEAL MY ART! <3))