4. Oh My Doctor 🥀

(Handsome doctor 👆. Just imagine him in a white scrub and in glasses)

(Don't forget to hear the song 👆)

"Is this the right building?" mom asked as she peeked out the car window and looked up at that five stories old building.

"I think so," I said as I looked back and forth between that building and the google map direction on my phone screen.

I found a shared apartment surrounding the Royal botanic garden, Richmond in Zoopla. My workplace would be twenty minutes from the apartment on the bike. I had to share the apartment with three other girls. The rent would be only two hundred and fifty per month.

Not bad, huh.

I could have a personal room for myself, but I had to share the kitchen and bathroom with others. I was okay with sharing the kitchen with others, but it would be great, if I could have a personal bathroom for myself. I really didn't like to share the bathroom with other people.

"We won't find out by sitting inside of the car," Lucas said in mockery as he got out of the car.

"He is right." Mom followed him and got out of the car. I got out while trying to contact the person who was incharge of my new apartment.

"Are you Esméralda?" I looked up when someone asked me. A stunning chocolate beauty was standing in front of the building, holding a lit up cigarette in between her long slim fingers. Her super curly and lustrous thick hair was tied up in a single ponytail, which looked like some wild dark clouds.

Mom looked at that girl from head to toe, with an admired expression.

Lucas made a 'wow' with his lips and quickly ran his fingers through his tousled chestnut hair, trying to fix them.

"Yes, I am." I choked out those three words. She looked like some magnificent painting.

"Hi, I am Aarya " She blew two rings of smoke and smiled at me amiably. "I am waiting for you. Follow me." Then she turned to mom. "There is a parking area behind this building. You can park your car there. Just go ahead a little and turn to the left."

"Thank you." Mom smiled at her and looked at me. "You go and check out the room first with her.

"Let me help you." Aarya picked up a heavy leather handbag and slung that over her shoulder coolly.

"By the way, I am Lucas," Lucas chripped in as he tried to act cool. " I am her..."

"My little brother," I cut in and pinched hard on his waist.

"Cute," Aarya smirked playfully as she glanced at lucas. "Nice to meet you."

I followed Aarya, Lucas in the tow, wheeling my small sea-green case through the grey carpeted floor. That place smelt of different kinds of fragrant perfumes, bitter coffee and smoke. There was no elevator. Thank god, the apartment was on the first floor.

"There." Aarya opened a paint chipped wooden door and dropped my bag on the floor. I looked inside my room and blinked for a few times.

My new room was measured exactly fifteen feet by fifteen feet. That room was looking a little more cramped, maybe because of those old furnitures. A brown wardrobe and a chest-drawer which tried to turn into a dressing table by setting a medium sized mirror on it, was placed just beside a single iron bed. A small study table with an old padded chair was housed just beside the one and only window of that room, which was facing south. Or north. Or West.