23. Blame Game🥀

"Watch out your head." Robert opened the car door for me and placed his hand on the door in case I bump my head on the car doorhead. "You already lost some of your brain cells. We can't afford to lose more." I was about to feel touched because of his action when he said that. I glared at him.

"Say it again."

Robert laughed.

"Just, be careful."

I got out and looked around.

"Where is Bella? Is she already home?"

I could literally see Robert bite his inner gum for a few moments then forced out a smile.

"She...is still unwell. A little. So doctors want her to stay for a few more days in the hospital."

My heart dropped like a stone. Robert might've sensed it.

"Don't worry, she is fine." He said with an assured tone and patted my shoulder lightly. I sighed as I couldn't shake off my down feeling. As I was to step forward my eyes went to the balcony upstairs

Alex was standing on the balcony, both of his hands in the pockets of his trousers, staring down at me.

We stared at each other for a few seconds then I slowly looked down guiltily.

What I did was wrong.

I didn't only hurt Bella but I also hurt Alex. Somehow intentionally or unintentionally I reopened an old ugly scar for both of them. I rubbed my face tiredly and mumbled softly under my breath.

'What have I done?!'

"What happened?" Robert quickly held my hand to give me some support. "Are you feeling unwell again? Should I call the doctor?" He took out his phone and was about to make a phone call.

"No, no, no!" I quickly grabbed his hand. "I am fine. I think I am just a little tired." I glanced at the upstairs again but couldn't see Alex. He was gone. I looked down at Robert. "I think I will be fine, if I take some rest."

*~*~*~*~*~

I finally got up after tossing around my bed for hours.

'Nah, I can't fall asleep like that.'

A guilt feeling is slowly eating me up from the inside. And I thought it would not go away until Bella came back home. And it would not go away until I asked for forgiveness from her face to face.

'This won't do.'

I rubbed my neck tiredly and trotted towards my door. I need to get drunk to fall asleep. I opened the door and looked outside. It was pitch black. I glanced at the big grandfather clock at the end of that long marbled corridor. It was 2.15 a.m.

Italy is very famous for its vampire and dracula stories.

I wasn't going to get attacked with any of those, right?

'Ah, fuck! Whatever!'

I cursed out frustratedly and stomped out on the corridor.

If I don't get any sleep, I might turn into one of them. When I reached the end of the corridor I realised something.

Where did they keep all their drinks? I kind of have a feeling that they didn't have any alcohol in the kitchen. All those movies where they showed that Italian people keep their alcohol in some cellar or basement.