23

third person.

Arabella has her own key to Caity's apartment, meaning she could enter without her having to wake up.

she put her keys and phone on Caity's bedside table, climbing into her double bed with her. Caity mumbled, then turned over and saw Arabella lying next to her.

"hey, you okay?" Caity asked the girl, as she got comfortable under the duvet.

"nothing" Arabella mumbled, closing her eyes. "i'll tell you in the morning"

"okay" Caity yawned. "love you"

"love you too"

Arabella woke up later than Caity, as she didn't go to sleep until around 4:45am. she rolled out of bed, wiping her eyes and walking through to the kitchen.

"morning" Caity said as Arabella sat down on the sofa. "here's a tea"

"thank you" Arabella said mid-yawn.

Caity sat down next to her on the sofa, grabbing her phone. "do we know a Jennifer?" Arabella asked, blowing on her hot tea.

"i don't think so" Caity answered. "why?"

"Daniel cheated on me with a Jennifer" Arabella blurted, making Caity's eyes go wide. she turned off her phone, dropping it in her lap and putting her tea down.

"what?!" Caity questioned.

"i waited up last night and talked to him" Arabella began. "and he told me"

"well i kind of asked, but he answered" Arabella added, sipping her tea. she then put it down on her coffee table looking at Caity.

Caity pulled her into a hug, holding her tightly. "i'm so sorry, Bella" Caity said, rubbing her back comfortably. "what happened? did you cry?"

"no, actually" Arabella answered, pulling away from the hug. "i shouted a lot then ran away to you"

"does he know you're here?"

"yeah" Arabella replied. "i told him i'd be here"

"oh" Caity wasn't sure what to say. she wanted to comfort her bestfriend, but also beat up Daniel. "did you break up with him?"

"no, i said we'd talk about it another time" Arabella answered. "i really need to call Jonah"

she ran her hand through her hair, messing it up slightly. "Bells, if you need to cry, you can" Caity said. "you don't have to hold it in"

"i'm fine, i think" Arabella said. "like it hurts a lot"

"my heart aches, but i don't think i'm ready to cry yet" Arabella explained. "i haven't processed it enough"

"i'm gonna call Jonah"

Arabella began to ring Jonah multiple times, but with each time it went to voicemail.

she rang one more time, leading to voicemail once more. "hey, Jonah. i need to talk to you about- about Jennifer" Arabella said, stuttering at the end. "it's really important, so call me back when you can"

she put her phone in her pocket, releasing a sigh. she took her keys from Caity's room grabbing her shoes too.

"i'm gonna go to mine" Arabella announced, lacing up her shoes. "i'm gonna change and probably end up talking to Daniel"

"okay" Caity replied, "call me if you need anything"

when Arabella entered her apartment, she saw broken glass scattered all around the room. she headed towards the kitchen, grabbing the dustpan and brush and beginning to clean up his mess.

"what're you doing?" Daniel asked, coming into the room with his head hung low. "i'll clean that up"

"it's fine" Arabella replied, putting some in the bin. "i'm basically finished now anyway"

Daniel sat down on the arm of the sofa, looking down at Arabella. she finished clearing up, putting everything away and standing awkwardly in her own place.

"you okay?" Daniel asked.

"not really" Arabella answered, looking at him too. "i only came back to change"

"can we talk" Daniel asked. Arabella shrugged, looking away from him. "i'm not letting you go, Bella"

"i love you"

"how can you say that after everything you've done?" Arabella questioned.

"it's true"

Arabella sighed, looking around the room, searching for a way out. she still hadn't cried yet, to her surprise. "do you have feelings for her?"

"kind of" Daniel answered.

"it's either yes or no" Arabella said. "it's not that hard"

"yes" Daniel blurted. "i have feelings for her"

Arabella stayed quiet.

"but i love you" Daniel admitted, "if i was to choose it'd be you"

"it's not that simple" Arabella spoke. "maybe if you thought about that before"

"i don't want to be without you" Daniel said. "i'm so sorry"

then her phone began to ring. she looked down to see Jonah's name at the top. "don't come in"

she entered their bedroom, pressing the green button and putting it to her ear.

"you okay?" Jonah asked as soon as he picked up. "who's Jennifer"

"can we meet up?" Arabella asked. "i'd rather tell you in person"

"sure" Jonah replied. "i'll pick you up from yours in ten"

"okay" Arabella said, "thanks"

{🎤🤍🌟🥡🌺}
a/n
:)