16

16

GEORGIANA AND Charlie sat in the back of Penny's station wagon, the windows down, and the wind blowing in their hair. Georgiana, who laid across the back seat with her head on Charlie's chest and her bare feet out the window, sang along to the song playing on the radio, grateful for a weekend free of stress and muscle fatigue. Although it was only March, the day was bright and warm.

Penny and Barnaby sat in the front seats, and were holding hands as Penny drove down the highway that lead to the entrance of the campground where her cottage resided. As the car came to a slow to exit off of the highway, Georgiana pulled her feet inside the vehicle and sat up in her seat and started to pull on her sandals. "Is this it?" She asked as Penny pulled the car into a secluded entrance, hidden in the trees of the forest surrounding it.

"Nearly. We've got about five more minutes until we reach the cottage. Once we pass the entrance to the beach, then we'll be there. It'll be on the left."

In no time, the couples were at the cottage, unpacking their bags from the boot of the car. Penny lead them up the stone path that led to the one story cottage, and unlocked the door, letting Georgiana and Charlie inside first. When Georgiana saw the inside of the cottage, she fell in love instantly. It was quaint, with a glass sliding door in the back of the lounging area that displayed the large forest that surrounded the home, with a deck that had a small circular table and lounge chairs. The inside of the cottage had a fairly large lounging area which had mismatched furniture and a small kitchen connected to it. Down a narrow corridor, Georgiana counted three doors, one of which was ajar and revealed a washroom with pink tile on the walls.

"This is amazing," Georgiana said, setting her overnight bag down next to a green sofa in the sitting room. "I think I'm in love."

Charlie, who had made his way over to the glass door, laughed. "That's an understatement," he said as he slid it open and stepped onto the dark-stained deck. "Oi! There's a hot tub back here!"

Penny laughed as she shut the front door. "Yes, that's new. My father installed it last summer."

"Honestly, Penny. This place is amazing. Thank you so much for inviting us, I can already tell that this is going to be an amazing weekend!"

Penny smiled and grabbed Georgiana's hand, letting them swing between them. "Thank you for coming. Now, if you'll follow me, I'll show you two to your room." Penny let go of Georgiana's hand and waved them down the corridor.

As it turned out, only one of the doors Georgiana had counted was a bedroom- the other was a closet, filled with linens and towels and extra pillows. At the end of the corridor, there was a split either way, revealing two small corridors that lead to a bedroom each. The one on the right, which Penny announced was where Georgiana and Charlie would be staying, had a glass sliding door identical to that of the lounging area, which led directly to the hot tub. There was a small washroom attached to their bedroom as well, with green tile on the walls instead of the pink that she had seen in the other.