On the Run

The four agents ran for their lives through the twisting corridors of the Alpha as the warning alarm blared.

"Hey V do you have any idea where the hell we're running to?" Grace said as the group quickly slipped past a set of doors into an all white room. A console was placed in the middle of the room with cabinets placed all around the walls. Tom hit the button to seal the room, twisting the control next to it to lock it from any unwanted intruders.

"Well my dear cousin that is precisely why we made a pit stop in this room," Valerian replied. He walked over to a console in the center of the room and pressed a sequence of buttons, causing a screen to pop up.

"We're here right now," Valerian said, pointing to a room in the northeast corner of the map, "while our ship is on the other side."

"So assuming we take this corridor to get to the ship, since it is the shortest distance to the wing, we should run into about 200 possible attackers," Grace commented, looking distastefully at the map.

"Great, we have to get through this with more brute force," Laureline mumbled.

"Aw is our fierce "fuck you" agent getting cold feet?" Valerian cooed, grinning at Laureline. She scowled.

"Fuck you."

"There she is."

"Wait, move over Val," Tom said, moving up behind him. He taped a few more buttons before a red light lit up in one of the rooms on the map.

"Tom, what are you doing?" Grace asked, "if we want to get out of this before the psychopathic General gets to us, we should go now."

"Not without the package," Tom said. He turned to face the group. "It's obviously important to the General in some way, right? It wouldn't hurt to steal it to slow him down on whatever he has planned to do with it."

"Well thinking we already pissed him off, it wouldn't hurt to piss him off more," Val said, a small smile forming on his face.

"Great, you guys had to make this more complex," Grace complained as she moved towards one of the cabinets on the left wall. Entering a code on the keypad next to it, the cabinet opened, revealing an assortment of gadgets and weapons. "We better gear up then."

The group moved quickly as they grabbed the supplies they found, latching them onto their belts. Afterwards they huddled near the door out of the room, ready to get out of the room and run for hell.

"Alright, Grace and Laureline will go for the ship while Tom and I will go for the package," Val explained, undoing the lock on the door. His finger hovered over the button as he looked back at the other three. "Ready?"

The gang nodded as Valerian breathed in. The door soon opened and they stepped outside, the alarms still blaring loudly, echoing loudly in the hollow halls.

"Don't die boys, " Laureline said as Grace and she turned to run towards the ship.

"Don't worry, we wouldn't want this to be the last time we saw those pretty faces," Tom replied, grinning as he and Valerian turned in the opposite direction, ready to run into the unknown.

------------------------------

Hey guys!

I haven't updated this story in such a while, sorry! I'm hoping I'll be able to finish this by the end of 2021. Hope you guys had a great Christmas and New Year. Enjoy the chapter!

Thank you for all who still read this. 

Love ya guys,

Sleeper