When Your Dead

Valerian huffed out a big breath as he was running for his life along with his fellow partners. Karma hit him hard this time, a huge Klabergast chasing after them. They passed panicking tourists and people frantically crowding in front of the exits. Valerian quickly pulled Grace behind him as a large object flew past them. She squeezed his hand in thanks and pulled him toward the blasted hole in the back gate.

"Val, Grace!" yelled Laureline as another object flew past them.

"Oh shit,"muttered Grace. Valerian rolled his eyes and dived into the hole, his foot snapping in process. Tom ran over and slung Valerian's arm around his shoulders, guiding him over to the bus quickly, Grace rushing in with Laureline after.

"Kt on out trail," he heard Laureline say to Teg urgently. Soon, a huge crash led them to be speeding across the barren terrain, the monster so close to them that they could touch it which was definitely NOT their goal.

"Going up!" yelled Grace as she grabbed a gun and stuck it outside the window. Laureline did the same thing except that she grabbed a machete instead.

"Alex, where are you?" Tom shouted into the intercom.

"Coming at once sir." Valerian opened a hatch at the back of the bus and threw a bomb outside.

"Race this faster Teg!" Valerian yelled. At once, they were thrown into their seats as the bus plowed forward.

BOOM!

The explosion rattled the bus and it almost flipped over. Tom raced toward the back to check if the monster was gone.

Suddenly, a loud thump rattled the bus.

"Oh Frick!" yelled Laureline as the Klabergast punched a hole through the bus roof. The monster's arm flayed, trying to grab any human that was in the bus. Grace grabbed her gun and she shot the arm multiple times only for the gun to get knocked out of her hand. 

"Were gonna blow!" yelled Teg.

"How long until you get here?!" Valerian yelled into the intercom.

"I'm right over you."

"Grace, Tom, and Laureline!" Valerian yelled, motioning toward the hatch on the roof. They quickly understood as Laureline opened the hatch. Tom grabbed Grace and jumped from the hatch. Soon, Tom's hand appeared and Laureline grabbed on, pulling Valerian with her. The monster then suddenly jumped onto the ship, causing it to go off course. 

"Close the opening Alex!" yelled Tom.

The four of them rushed toward the control room and all plopped into their respective seats.

"Lets give this monster a nice drop off," Valerian said, smirking. Soon, they were cutting into the clouds, piercing through them like a knife. 

"Grace, plummet toward the ground please"

"Of course Val, anything for your last event alive"

"Oh, your so dead Val," Laureline said, laughing.

"Can we talk about this after the outrageous monster on our ship gets pushed out into the barren desert floor?" Tom asked, gritting his teeth.

Soon, they were plummeting down to the ground and the monster was thrown back to the ground when they pulled up, wailing before a huge thud signaled its demise.

"Yahoo!" Valerian called out.

"Ice cream for everyone?" Tom asked, grinning.

"Oh no, not when your dead," Laureline and Grace said, crossing their arms and glaring at the two boys.