9 || Two of a Kind

Yells of frustration echoed through the gym. The first-years quietly observed the pent-up rage their senpai was probably holding for a long time. From what they've picked up, this Asahi dude must have a strong influence on Nishinoya if he was the reason the libero wouldn't come back to the team.

"That coward! That big, dumb coward!" Nishinoya stomped his feet and yelled. "So he's actually just going to give up?! I knew he was sensitive, but I didn't know he was weak."

"Nishinoya!" The captain of the team finally called out the libero's name in anger.

"It's not my fault he's the one that's too chicken to come back! I just don't get it Daichi-san. He has so much potential and skill,"

He turned his back to the team.

"He also has a whole team to back him up. There's even a bunch of newcomers this year. I just don't get it.." His voice was weakened from the yelling at this point. Silence followed his words; nobody knew what to say.

Amidst the tense atmosphere and recent declaration of appointing Asahi as a coward, Iwasaki sat on the edge of the stage in the gym, the side of her head leaning on the wall. She was quietly observing her senior that, earlier on, proposed to her. The him from then and the him right now were very different, yet his passion remained intact. That is one thing Iwasaki learned about the boy. 'Passion' is what he exuded no matter the subject being discussed.

"If he's not coming back, then I won't either."

She somewhat pitied both the stranger and her passionate upperclassman.

~•~

It was a sunny Wednesday, much different than the cloudy Tuesday she lived through the day before. It wasn't actually cloudy, though. The built-up tension made by Nishinoya made that day metaphorically cloudy.

  Y/N quietly hummed to herself with a bottled drink in her hand. She held it to her chest while her legs dangled from the bench she was laying across in the courtyard. Unbothered by her empty stomach, she watched the clouds dance in the air. She wondered if they were having a ball and a waltz was playing. Oh, how she wished to become a cloud, worry-free and dancing the day away.

From afar, a fellow first-year stopped and looked at the girl. His companion paused too seeing as his buddy stopped walking.

"Tsukki?" Yamaguchi looked up at his friend's face, which remained blank but held some sort of feeling he couldn't quite put his finger on.

"Does she not eat?"

"Huh-?"

"And she's always holding a drink but never actually drinking it. Does she just buy them and refrigerate them at home or something?" The blonde's face scrunched up in annoyance, but Yamaguchi knew better and figured that Tsukishima was concerned for the mysterious first-year.

"Maybe she doesn't eat around this time?"

"What is she, a vampire?"

"Maybe she doesn't like the cafeteria food?"

"Then why doesn't she just bring her own lunch?"

"Maybe she forgot her money?"

"For everyday these past two weeks?"